Orange Bowl Question

Breakwood

So as I get ready to watch my beloved Wake Forest Demon Deacons play in the biggest football game in their history, a question comes to my mind.

Why is the Orange Bowl not being played at the Orange Bowl? Why are they playing at Dolphin Stadium?

GO DEACS GO!

1zqy8ok.gif

So as I get ready to watch my beloved Wake Forest Demon Deacons play in the biggest football game in their history, a question comes to my mind.

Why is the Orange Bowl not being played at the Orange Bowl? Why are they playing at Dolphin Stadium?

GO DEACS GO!

newer stadium and boxes

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

That and the original Orange Bowl, like Tank said, is basically falling apart. I'm still suprised that the U plays its games there.

Well it makes sense.... like the Orange Bowl stadium, the U is basically falling apart....

I saw, I came, I left.

They are already making noise about moving the Cotton bowl to the new Shrine To Jerry Jones Ego. And on a far removed note Memphis is beginning efforts to replace the world famous historical icon that is the Liberty Bowl, cheaper to buid a new one then renovate the existing structure.

RobbyBox2.jpg

They are already making noise about moving the Cotton bowl to the new Shrine To Jerry Jones Ego. And on a far removed note Memphis is beginning efforts to replace the world famous historical icon that is the Liberty Bowl, cheaper to buid a new one then renovate the existing structure.

are you serious?

You don't come into the Orange Bowl, baby -- we've had a down couple of years -- but you don't come in here talking trash!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Apparently, the move to (at the time) Joe Robbie Stadium was because the Bowl Alliance (pre-BCS) wouldn't accept the game unless it moved there. That is also why the Alliance never took the Cotton Bowl, and picked the (at the time) second-tier Fiesta Bowl over the Cotton.

David

Archived