Calvin Johnson to enter draft

Ben5

Why wold the Raiders chose a WR when they need so much more.

Maybe because Al Davis has lost his mind? :P

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

by far the most talented wide receiver this year wouldn't you guys say!?!

get outta' here!

Who's better then? Seemed like a pretty safe and straightforward statement. CJ was an absolute stud, and he was the best player on the field every time he suited up. The fact that he did it with class and dignity, and a phenomenal work ethic, not to mention his serious book smarts (he has a patent pending for a dry latrine system?? 'Scuse me... that's the kind of thing I was NOT working on in college) is icing on the cake.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

by far the most talented wide receiver this year wouldn't you guys say!?!

get outta' here!

Who's better then? Seemed like a pretty safe and straightforward statement. CJ was an absolute stud, and he was the best player on the field every time he suited up. The fact that he did it with class and dignity, and a phenomenal work ethic, not to mention his serious book smarts (he has a patent pending for a dry latrine system?? 'Scuse me... that's the kind of thing I was NOT working on in college) is icing on the cake.

It was supposed to be comical...I was going to add a smiley, but thought it wasn't needed since Johnson is the receiver everyone has been waiting for. Calvin Johnson is everything any team has ever wanted out of a receiver. Great size and speed, big play ability, classy and can only get better, he won't be a bust...this is the receiver every team has been waiting for.

Dwayne Jarrett is number two, but far behind what CJ possesses.

I shed a tear when CJ announced. I wasn't surprised, nor did I blame him, but a tiny tear drained down my cheek. Big things could have happened to my Tech boys with Bennett throwing to CJ. Records. Conference championships, national championships. Hell, I was dreaming big and actually seeing them beat u(sic)GA.

But yes, he is what the NFL dreams about when they look for a player. CJ is the guy you always make in Madden whenyou can bump everything up to ten. He is tall, muscular, fast, great hands, scientific routes, smart, and level-headed to the extreme. He's just a good kid. He is without question the most talented, most ready for the NFL kid in the draft, and he doesn't have a big head about it.

As far as the draft, Oakland and Detroit will be faced with the tough conundrum that faces many teams draft day; Do we take the best player available, or the best player for our needs? Neither needs a WR more than anything else. Oakland needs a QB and should take Quinn or Russell. The lions need.. well, a lot, but should take either, the QB Oakland doesnt, or if they actually believe in Kitna, Joe Thomas would immediately make their O line respectible.

That said, Cleveland or Tampa Bay would be right in line to snatch the best offensive prospect in 5 years.

I hvve concerns about that. Neither have a good QB situation to get the ball out to CJ. Neither have a feature WR who can take some of the pressure and attention off his back. But then again, thats why they get to draft early enough to get him.

Personally, I cant decide whom Id rather see him go to. The browns are just mired in mediocrity. Plus they have ugly unis. The Bucs have nicer unis, but i dont want to see a fellow southern team add such a valuable piece. I'll end up with his jersey one way or the other. I actually liek to see the Falcons trade up and get him. Warrick Dunn and our first rounder for your first rounder Cleveland?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived