Question about the current flames unis

Jezus_Ghoti

As far as I know, the Calgary Flames use the old Atlanta Flames "A" logo for the A that goes on the jerseys of their assistant captains. I like this idea, even though I don't like the fact that the A's colors don't match the colors of the main logo (at least I remember it that way). My question is this: I don't think they use a smaller version of the flaming C logo for the captain's jersey. Why not? Is it just because it would look weird having 2 of the same logo on the front of the jersey? It just seems so obvious since they are already using the A that they could use the C. If anyone knows anything about that or wants to post some pics to show what I am talking about, that would be cool.

Current C

mdf422941.jpg

Current A

p968245dt.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As far as I know, the Calgary Flames use the old Atlanta Flames "A" logo for the A that goes on the jerseys of their assistant captains. I like this idea, even though I don't like the fact that the A's colors don't match the colors of the main logo (at least I remember it that way). My question is this: I don't think they use a smaller version of the flaming C logo for the captain's jersey. Why not? Is it just because it would look weird having 2 of the same logo on the front of the jersey? It just seems so obvious since they are already using the A that they could use the C. If anyone knows anything about that or wants to post some pics to show what I am talking about, that would be cool.

The Flames do not use the Flaming C for the Captain's C on their jersey because it looked inconsistent with the logo and because it made the jersey look a bit cluttered.

Also, on their new red jersey the Alternate Captains' A is three colours and matches the pattern used by the Flaming C crest.

• 3 weeks later...

For years I wondered why they didn't use the Atlanta "A" for the alternates.  Then they did it--and there was much rejoicing.

I agree though that a flaming "C" for the captain would be cluttered--but I'd still like to see it to make sure.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I know for a fact they used to use the old Flames' logo as the captain's "C".  Theoren Fleury wore it, I believe in 1995-96...I have a pic somewhere...
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Oops--forgot about that one--but then again I was never a fan of that uni style--better than the horse but not as good as what they have now, or had when they first moved cities.

So amend my comment ot be to see it on the current uni to see if I'm wrong.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Oops--forgot about that one--but then again I was never a fan of that uni style--better than the horse but not as good as what they have now, or had when they first moved cities.

So amend my comment ot be to see it on the current uni to see if I'm wrong.

Having seen mockups that the Flames did of the current style of uniform I can tell you that that it did not look good.  The C was still only 2 colours.  On the black jersey it looked really bad as there was a total of 3 Flaming C's on it as there was one on each shoulder as well.  On the white jersey it looked too inconsistent (3 colour Flaming C crest with 2 colour flaming Captain C).

Archived