Miami Dolphins

HedleyLamarr

Looks like they've copied Alabama's book on how to hire a head coach....

Seriously, on a sports-talk staion earlier today, they mentioned that the Dolphins are likely selecting an offensive-oriented head coach, since they re-signed Dom Capers to be their D-Coordinator. Chan Gailey's been interviewed twice. Is it plausible that the Dolphins hire Gailey for one season, having him keep a seat warm for Bill Cowher, and have Gailey become the O-Coordinator, since these two have worked together in the past?

Sounds crazy, but then again, it is the Dolphins...

No if they hire Gailey its to be head coach and for the next few years, Gailey coached the Cowboys once, and once a head coach to become a Coordinator is a big step down.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I love it when NFL teams hire white coordinators that used to be bad white head coaches. Recycling lame white guys is awesome. White coaches that have had their chances and have failed are always the best way to go.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love it when NFL teams hire white coordinators that used to be bad white head coaches. Recycling lame white guys is awesome. White coaches that have had their chances and have failed are always the best way to go.

So in your professional opinion, who are the qualified non-white coaches?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Oh, I'm not a professional, nor do I have a solid opinion. I just don't like old white guys, especially Dom Capers and Chan Gailey. They both bore me to tears.

I'm sure Ted Cottrel, however, is excited about the several token interviews he's soon to embark on. Same with James Lofton, the seemingly new black guy du jour. The NFL's minority policy is a joke, but rich white country club owners are worse.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love it when NFL teams hire coordinators that used to be bad head coaches. Recycling lame guys is awesome. Coaches that have had their chances and have failed are always the best way to go.

See, this would've been just fine, and everyone would totally agree, but you went with the pompous white-guilt douchebag route. That's fine too, I guess, but why? Black coaches suck at their jobs sometimes too, you know. If the Asscrowner gets another job to fail at, is that intrinsically better than hiring a white guy? I don't get it.

Oh, I'm not a professional, nor do I have a solid opinion. I just don't like old white guys, especially Dom Capers and Chan Gailey. They both bore me to tears.

I'm sure Ted Cottrel, however, is excited about the several token interviews he's soon to embark on. Same with James Lofton, the seemingly new black guy du jour. The NFL's minority policy is a joke, but rich white country club owners are worse.

Token interviews just to satisfy the minority hiring policy do suck, but I think the NFL has more of a "lack-of-original-thinking" bias than a racial bias when it comes to hiring coaches. Owners have always loved knowing exactly what they get, even if what they're getting isn't spectacular. Right now there aren't many proven minority candidates (other than Denny "Crown Their Ass" Green), so naturally white coaches will get most of the shots at head coaching positions simply because more of them have been head coaches.

Right now there aren't even many hot minority coordinators... as mentioned, although Ted Cottrell was a legitimate finalist for several jobs in the past (not just a token interview), he hasn't exactly helped his resume in the last few years. Same with Tim Lewis... he was hot a few years ago but getting fired never helps. Mike Tomlin is probably the best shot... he's a serious candidate in Miami.

But talking about people like James Lofton or Mike Singletary doesn't enhance the credibility of the minority coaching movement. While these guys may know their football and be excellent coaching candidates down the line, almost no one with their level of coaching experience, white or black, gets a shot at being a head coach (interestingly enough, one of the most recent exceptions to the rule of experienced/retread head coaches has been Jack Del Rio, who is Hispanic).

Recent history is shown that owners who think outside the box for head coaches are often rewarded with good performances. But implying that owners are racist because they are too dumb to find serious candidates who don't have a large body of head coaching work is to view the facts selectively.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

They have the same problem the Flyers do it would seem. Different coaches, same last place results. What i found to be absolutely hilarious was my old boss going on about how great the Dolphins were going to be this season. Just like the year before. I'm still wondering if he's given up yet?

They have the same problem the Flyers do it would seem. Different coaches, same last place results. What i found to be absolutely hilarious was my old boss going on about how great the Dolphins were going to be this season. Just like the year before. I'm still wondering if he's given up yet?

Ummm... this will be the first time the Flyers will finish in last since the '91-'92 season, so you are wrong about that. This season you could have Scotty Bowman and Toe Blake in their coaching primes behind the bench and they would still suck. Now granted they have changed coaches a lot and haven't won the Cup, but "same last place results" is a bit of hyperbole.

Regarding the Dolphins, I could understand where the positivity came from going in, since they finished great the year before, but they bombed big time on Daunte and Joey and the bad karma seemed to spread from there. I think it would be interesting if Mike Shula gets the job. Saban and him switching roles and the omnipresent feeling of Don Shula behind the scenes could cause serious drama.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

It very occasionally happens the other way too (see Rhoads, Ray.) But for the most part I'll agree. If a black coach fails, second chances are hard to come by.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It very occasionally happens the other way too (see Rhoads, Ray.) But for the most part I'll agree. If a black coach fails, second chances are hard to come by.

I'm impressed. You took an intentionally ignorant and angry post by me, and turned it into a coherent argument that I and many others agree with. Nice job.

In fairness, I think the sarcasm was a little more obvious this time. I think I have a pretty well established record of coherency around here.

*cough* Denny Green, Tony Dungy *cough*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Having had a ring-side seat for the train wreck that was Jim Mora with the Falcons - even though as a Saints fan I enjoyed it immensely - the mere fact the Dolphins are considering him says their search is a joke. Throw Mike Shula into the mix and you seriously have to wonder what flavor Kool-Aid they're drinking down there.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Having had a ring-side seat for the train wreck that was Jim Mora with the Falcons - even though as a Saints fan I enjoyed it immensely - the mere fact the Dolphins are considering him says their search is a joke. Throw Mike Shula into the mix and you seriously have to wonder what flavor Kool-Aid they're drinking down there.

The "Division is so :censored:ing loaded and we're so butt lost that we'd fire a reincarnated Lombardi for losing after 3 years" kind.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*cough* Denny Green, Tony Dungy *cough*

Denny Green and Tony Dungy weren't exactly failures, though. They both had excellent records and just "couldn't get over the hump."

Ray Rhoads' teams steadilly declined until he was finally let go after a 3-13 season.

Archived