TSN That's Hockey - Uniform Preview

beesharps

This is a quote from Brian Jennings who is the NHL's executive vice president of consumer marketing products.

All 30 NHL clubs will have the opportunity to redesign their individual looks this summer, Jennings says. Hockey uniforms for teams such as the Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens are revered as the best in any sport. Any change causes fierce debate. The Buffalo Sabres unveiled a new jersey last season. While some fans like it, critics say the new logo looks more like a "Buffaslug" than a bison.

Says Jennings: "There will be teams that skate out (this fall) and don't look very different. Others will have more of a vertical design."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...uniforms_x.htm

That leads me to believe that teams will be able to switch their current design onto the new uniforms. Again that's from the NHL. Also the fact that the All-Star unis have somewhat horizontal stripes on the sleeves leads me to believe that Gord Miller is wrong, if he said that.

I CAN'T wait until monday when a lot of these questions will be resolved. Who will have a new look, what will be the new look, etc etc. This speculation sucks and is driving me nuts because we really don't know anything conclusive because after we come to a concensus on one thing something comes out that makes us question ourselves. This is insane, I swear Bettman is getting off on all of this confusion and speculation we fans are having about the new look. Let it be monday already!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I CAN'T wait until monday when a lot of these questions will be resolved. Who will have a new look, what will be the new look

I don't think we'll see any new team jerseys. Just the all star ones and Toronto's new leaf.

I agree - I don't think there will be any great unveiling Monday.

It makes sense from a PR standpoint not to unveil all 30 uniforms. So far the NHL has weathered the storm by introducing uniforms that the fans don't have much attachment to.

If they unveil 30 new uniforms, there's bound to be a couple that aren't very popular out of the gate. The fans would also notice the difference more with uniforms they are familiar with.

DEATH TO REEBOK

as much as i hate to say it... they cant screw with the leafs (new logo or not) habs (they do and the totall screwed hockey), wings, blackhawks and the rangers home blues... they are hockey... bruins have made some changes over the years everyone else in the original 6 pretty much the same template

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Sorry, I guess I should have elaborated for those who didn't see the report.

Gord Miller did a report for his "In The Booth" segment on "That's Hockey" about the new all-star jerseys. He was wearing a replica (I assume) at the time. Anyway, apparently the side panels on the jersey are made of stretchy material and that it's snug, but nothing like the Nike Swift jerseys.

Then, Gord went on to say that none of the jerseys will have horizontal stripes at the bottom of the jersey. He used the example of the Original six jerseys as being the most affected by this change. Now, this goes with everything we heard about up until a couple weeks ago, when we were all reassured (by whom, I can't remember) that there would be horizontal stripes.

So now who to believe? Pre-release gossip? Or a report by a reputable reporter who probably had access to the press-only material released last Wednesday?

All answers will be revealed on Monday at 1:00 PM ET...

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

So now who to believe? Pre-release gossip? Or a report by a reputable reporter who probably had access to the press-only material released last Wednesday?

If you think about it, those two statements aren't contradictory. Miller said that there wouldn't be any horizontal stripes on the bottom, not that there wouldn't be any horizontal stripes.

cttdolphins2.png

Sorry, I guess I should have elaborated for those who didn't see the report.

Gord Miller did a report for his "In The Booth" segment on "That's Hockey" about the new all-star jerseys. He was wearing a replica (I assume) at the time. Anyway, apparently the side panels on the jersey are made of stretchy material and that it's snug, but nothing like the Nike Swift jerseys.

Then, Gord went on to say that none of the jerseys will have horizontal stripes at the bottom of the jersey. He used the example of the Original six jerseys as being the most affected by this change. Now, this goes with everything we heard about up until a couple weeks ago, when we were all reassured (by whom, I can't remember) that there would be horizontal stripes.

All answers will be revealed on Monday at 1:00 PM ET...

Wow, no horizontal stripes. That sucks. How hard is it to make horizontal stripes?

Until I see otherwise I'm still going to go by what the NHL said in the quote I posted above that basically that some teams will be keeping their current uniform design. It would make no sense for them to lie about it now and only unveil them on Monday and each one different without horizontal stripes at the bottom. Also if you remember last year the uniforms were rejected last year and pushed back a year in part because the plan to tuck them in would eliminate horizontal stripes at the bottom and the Blackhawks and Hurricanes were made about that.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but maybe Gord Miller made a mistake.

Well Gord Miller's broadcast partner Pierre McGuire says otherwise.

A major myth that needs to be dispelled is that these are not Spider-Man outfits. These are hockey uniforms that will help make players faster, more skillful - because of how light they are. Teams will not have to change their logo or piping or color schemes unless they choose to do so.

http://www.nbcsports.com/insidetheglass/blog/

Everything I have heard an seen (And I admit I did not see the Gord Miller thing) has said that the current designs can be implemented on these new uniforms if a team chooses.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived