Bruins look really sharp

BBM

I like what they did with the spoke logo, but otherwise the current uniforms are nothing to write home about. It reminds me too much of the (ugly) Ballard era Toronto sweaters. The horizontal stripe down the shoulder, that's supposed to match the socks, is busy and stupid looking.

The Bruins should have kept the bottom stripes from the 60's - 95 uniforms. That screams Boston and is instantly recognizable. It looks like a hockey sweater.

Thankfully, it looks like the Bruins are going for a classic look next season. It's about time for them to look like a hockey team again. Let the Nashville's look like roller hockey teams and sell out their image.

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't understand why people hate the current Bruins home/away jerseys.

Because they're waaaaaaaaaaay too overdone. Too much striping, too overcomplicated redesigned logo. The 80's and early 90's were awesome and didn't need to be changed.

Really? I'm a hardcore traditionalist, and I think the current Bruins set is absolutely awesome.

Seriously, venom and hatred should be reserved for teams that actually deserve it, <cough cough> Buffalo

I've got no venom or hatred towards the current Bruins logos. It's just that they used to be so much better.

Ever know a really smoking hot girl who got her haircut really short and started using weird makeup and dressing in unflattering clothes and stuff? You think, "Wow, she's still hot, but she used to be so much hotter". That's the Bruins.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Ever know a really smoking hot girl who got her haircut really short and started using weird makeup and dressing in unflattering clothes and stuff? You think, "Wow, she's still hot, but she used to be so much hotter". That's the Bruins.

Bingo.

I still don't understand why people hate the current Bruins home/away jerseys.

Because they're waaaaaaaaaaay too overdone. Too much striping, too overcomplicated redesigned logo. The 80's and early 90's were awesome and didn't need to be changed.

Really? I'm a hardcore traditionalist, and I think the current Bruins set is absolutely awesome.

Seriously, venom and hatred should be reserved for teams that actually deserve it, <cough cough> Buffalo

I've got no venom or hatred towards the current Bruins logos. It's just that they used to be so much better.

Ah, I see. Great analogy!

But, I like girls with short hair :D

Did anybody catch the Hail to the Chief night the Bruins held recently? I was reading about it on NHL.com then went over the gettyimages to check it out....the white vintage jersey they had John Byuck in looks amazing, even better than the black one we have been prasing in this thread.

bucyk_john_194x250.jpg

Now here is a sharp looking group

73315017.jpg

Chara, "I really wish we could play in these jerseys"

73315075.jpg

Notice how Chara has his head hung after seing the bueaty of a jersey the white version of the vintage is as Kessel and Mara look on in hopes of wearing such a classy sweater.

73315311.jpg

SEAsig.png

Again, I said this the day I first saw the current uni's unveiled back in 1995. I could not believe they were retiring the classic Original six uniforms for those current overdone expansion uniforms. I also can't beleive the Bruins have held on tho the current uniforms for this long.

Those are ridiculously sharp.

But man, that thick stripe on the shoulder just kills me. And I'm not sure it's just because of my desire for consistancy. Either way, if they made it consistant it'd look good. On the white jersey, they can either just make the black stripe thinner on the shoulder, or they can make it thinner and put a white spacing stripe inbetween it and the yellow. On the black jerseys they need to make the white stripe thinner and insert a black spacing stripe.

Oh well. I know I'm predictable and all. But For me that thick stripe just really sticks out and almost ruins a "really, really, ridiculously good looking" jersey.

Didn`t the Bruins used to have a gold version of that vintage one that they wore at home?

Yup, worn as an alternate from the 1955-1956 season till 1964-1965. They did away with the black sweater and used it as their primary dark sweater for the 1965-66 and 1966-67 seasons, then it was gone until they introduced the Pooh Bear Alternate in the mid 90's.

I love the classic Bruins logo and I hope I never see that yellow "Pooh Bear" jersey ever again.

I am firm believer that simpler is better. Indeed, I've always felt that if a young kid can doodle the logo of his very sports logo in class, then you have a superior logo to something that requires three layers on a Photoshop file.

Simpler logos are more iconic, bolder and stand the test of time better. My humle opinion only of course!

I love the classic Bruins logo and I hope I never see that yellow "Pooh Bear" jersey ever again.

I am firm believer that simpler is better. Indeed, I've always felt that if a young kid can doodle the logo of his very sports logo in class, then you have a superior logo to something that requires three layers on a Photoshop file.

Simpler logos are more iconic, bolder and stand the test of time better. My humle opinion only of course!

I tend to agree with this. The interlocking Yankee NY. The Montreal "CH". The Bruins' "B". Even the chief head for the 'Hawks. All relatively simple. All powerful and instantly recognizable. And surprise, surprise, no need for some ridiculous snarling animal or slanty cartoon font to convey forced aggression.

Archived