Bruins look really sharp

BBM

They look almost identical to the normal black unis. They gave up the pooh bear alt uniform for a couple of diferent stripes?!? WTF?

:mad:

are you blind? different logo, the striping is completely different, it's a tie up it's a completely different jersey, it's looks as much like the current balck as the leafs 3rd looks like the current away.

they are completely different

The logo is very similar, just some additional outline on the current. This is my favorite set:

bourquebos.jpg

I totally agree with that set being the finest they've ever worn. As a matter of fact, I dusted off my VCR and popped in "Lechmere presents the 1990 Boston Bruins: Reach for the Stars" video tape this morning and it really brought me back to a better time. Not only for the Bruins, but for Hockey. God what I'd give to bring that back.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw someone here in Southern MD wearing a Bobby Orr Bruins vintage jersey and i drooled, theyre so freakin sweet i wanted to jump the guy for his jersey...then i noticed he was wearing a red sox hat and realized he was from boston so i thought better of it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I still don't understand why people hate the current Bruins home/away jerseys.

Well I have a few personal reasons....

They ended Cam Neely's career, it wasn't Samuelsons hit to his hip, it was these god awful jerseys.

Lackluster play, no way around it. They just have not played like the Bruins in these.

Nothing matches, it's terrible. The white sweaters I can deal with, but the darks, well.. they suck. They're just ugly, the huge white stripes at the hem, and running down the sleeves look terrible. Just a poor design.

Their 60's/70's jerseys were a thing of beauty, and then their 80's/pre-fleetcenter jersey were even better, and not only do they knock down the Garden, but they give us these pieces of junk.

Harry Sinden can burn in hell, along with these jerseys.

I want my childhood back, bring back the Neely Era jerseys ASAP. I grew up watching them in these and have about 7 or 8 of them in my closet, they're beautiful and need to come back.

Well I have a few personal reasons....

They ended Cam Neely's career, it wasn't Samuelsons hit to his hip, it was these god awful jerseys.

Lackluster play, no way around it. They just have not played like the Bruins in these.

Nothing matches, it's terrible. The white sweaters I can deal with, but the darks, well.. they suck. They're just ugly, the huge white stripes at the hem, and running down the sleeves look terrible. Just a poor design.

Their 60's/70's jerseys were a thing of beauty, and then their 80's/pre-fleetcenter jersey were even better, and not only do they knock down the Garden, but they give us these pieces of junk.

Harry Sinden can burn in hell, along with these jerseys.

I want my childhood back, bring back the Neely Era jerseys ASAP. I grew up watching them in these and have about 7 or 8 of them in my closet, they're beautiful and need to come back.

I couldn't have said it better myself speedy!

The mid '70's through 1995 uniforms WERE the Boston Bruins. Those uniforms were classic and did not need to be re-designed. Not only did they redesign the to the current home/aways, they totally tore my heart out when the unveiled the Winnie The Pooh 3rd jersey's......The Bruins I knew were GONE!

The Bruins haven't been the same since October 1995 as you can tell they've pretty much hit rock bottom now.

I hope we are in for a good suprise for next year's uni's (solid white/solid blacks??)

thebearfacts.jpg

Well, I guess a Flyers fan knows a sucky team when he sees one!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Anyone notice that on the regular uniform they have the retro logo on the pants and on the throwback alt the have the regular logo on the pants?

Screw Larry Quinn...Mister "The Buffalo Sabres can't have two different sets of equiptment so our Alts. don't match the gloves/pants/helmets..."

Well, I guess a Flyers fan knows a sucky team when he sees one!

Yea, I suppose its blasphemy to miss the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. I forgot, no one has ever had a bad season before.

aww, lets hug it out.

If the Bruins take on the retro look full-time, fabulous. Then, when '08-'09 comes around, they would be wise to get their 3rd jersey idea from down on the farm in Providence.

(apologies for the image size)

1130965448.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Bruins take on the retro look full-time, fabulous. Then, when '08-'09 comes around, they would be wise to get their 3rd jersey idea from down on the farm in Providence.

(apologies for the image size)

*img removed*

That was the originaly the B's dark sweater in the 1950's and then demoted to part time use in the 1960's with the debut of the black jerseys.

They should have used their equivalent of that Providence jersey. Their alt this year is much better than their current jerseys, but I'm not sure I like them having two black jerseys. Yellow would've been perfect.

Hannu Toivonen's mask was recently painted with pictures of Boston sports legends. So you'll see pictures of David Ortiz, Larry Bird (or Bob Cousy, can't tell from far away) and some Patriots as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Because they're waaaaaaaaaaay too overdone. Too much striping, too overcomplicated redesigned logo. The 80's and early 90's were awesome and didn't need to be changed.

Really? I'm a hardcore traditionalist, and I think the current Bruins set is absolutely awesome.

Seriously, venom and hatred should be reserved for teams that actually deserve it, <cough cough> Buffalo

Archived