If it was up to me!

AFB

If I was to decide the NFL TV contract this is how I would do it.

The games would start at 11am & 2pm

CBS would do NFC games like in the old day

FOX would do the AFC games.

ESPN would do Sunday Night games.

NBC would do Monday Night Football with the FLEX Schedules.

This is how I would do Monday Night Football

The coverage would start from 5pm-9pm

20 games

a DH on opening week and on the final 2 weeks of the season.

The official song of NBC Monday Night Football

'BIG TIME' BY PETER GABRIEL

And I would make sure that the playoff teams from the previous season would get at least 1 apperance on MNF before the FLEX kicks in.

This is how I would do the NFL gameson tv and I would like to know what you guy think.

ThaNK Friends.

I'm sure an 11am EST start time would appeal to the fans on the West Coast if their team's are playing a road game on the East Coast. Nothing beat's having to get up for 8AM to watch your team. Even better when you realize the highlight of your Sunday is done before noon. If they're lucky, they'll be able to make Sunday Mass and not miss a single down.

5pm-9pm EST isn't even primetime. It's supper hour local news time followed by two hours of Simpsons, Seinfeld, Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond. At 2pm-6pm PST, that's like pre-empting General Hospital, Young and the Restless, All My Children and Guiding Light.

IMO, the NFL TV contract is good enough as is. I would probably move any east coast night games up by one hour so it doesn't run too too late in the time zone, but other than that, I have no problems with anything. (It doesn't hurt that no football games start before 2PM Sunday here anyways :D)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If it were up to me...(retro alert!!!)

CBS would get The NFC package

NBC would get the AFC package

MNF would go back to ABC where it belongs

ESPN and NFL Network would work out a Sunday schedule with a 10-10:30 pm game so the west coast isn't always watching "prime time" games in the middle of the afternoon. They could split the season like TNT and ESPN used to.

FOX and their robots could do Sunday the primetime game or just go back to their normal high quality programming like Average Joe and Who wants to marry a millionaire. Then ESPN and NFL Network could alternate between east and west coast games.

BB52Big.jpg

Maybe since it is 2007, a deal could be worked out with a primetime east coast game and a west coast primetime game. And make both games available as a part of the dish package so the die hards can still get every game, or the degenerate who has one last chance to make the mortgage money back.

If it were up to me...

(1) The regular season would be expanded to 18 games.

(2) I'd eliminate "bye" weeks. "Bye" weeks are for pussies, and football isn't a :censored: sport.

(3) The expanded 288-game regular season schedule would be split into six distinct segments:

--- One Thursday night game each week, airing at 8:30 ET,

--- One Thursday night game each week, airing at 11:30 ET and featuring teams from the AFC or NFC West almost exclusively. With an expanded schedule this could easily be accommodated.

--- Five Sunday afternoon games each week, airing at 1:00 ET,

--- Four Sunday afternoon games each week, airing at 4:00 ET,

--- Four Sunday evening games each week, airing at 7:00 ET, and

--- One Monday night game each week, airing at 8:30 ET.

(4) There would be no differentiation between AFC and NFC when it comes to television. Networks would bid on time slots rather than conferences - this is a fundamental flaw the NFL continues to make in my opinion.

(5) The rights to the early Thursday night game would be sold to a cable outlet (ESPN, TNT, etc.), with the latter game being aired exclusively on NFL Network.

(6) The rights to the Sunday games would be sold in two blocks - one allowing exclusive rights to the 1:00 games and first choice from among each week's 4:00 games, and the other allowing exclusive rights to the 7:00 games and second choice from the 4:00 games. Each network involved would have an NFL doubleheader every week - an enhancement from the current package, improving overall exposure, and giving each market a third TV game on Sundays. "Flex" scheduling would go out the window, however.

(7) The rights to the Monday night game would be sold to the highest bidder - cable or network.

nav-logo.png

Flex schedule would never work on MNF...the venue logistics from changing plans from Sunday to Monday would be a hassle. At least the SNF flex schedule works because it takes Sunday games and keeps them on Sunday, just at a different time.

heh, at the very least I'd do away with that crappy Sunday night song altogether, it blows. ESPN did the Sunday nighters without some lame song for the better part of two decades, no reason NBC needs one.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived