Logo concept

cappital92

don't take offense, but if this isn't a joke, i think you need to hear the harsh reality...this isn't good at all

the legs of the V rise at different angles and the left leg makes an abrupt upturn - the angles at the end of each letter are inconsistent - you've got some funky "spots" on each end at each intersection - the colors don't work well, in my opinion and your font choice and treatment is uninspired - to form your VA, it might be easier to find a font that gives you the desired affect when interlocked...i was just playing around with a couple of fonts and noticed that you could even form a pretty cool diamond in the negative space created with the overlap/interlock of those letters...maybe you could play with that to give it more of a baseball feel...

sorry to be so harsh, but this needs significant work to be even decent - keep working with it and pay attention to the little details and you'll have something you can be happy with

jldesigns404eo.png

• 2 weeks later...

okay if i was on a team of any sport i wouldn't want to be called the civics

Well, I'm real sure that the members of the Boston AL team and Green Bay NFL team LOVE their team names. :rolleyes:

Anyway,leggman01,I did another design based on what you said.This is more of a "idea"concept. I just want to see if it looks good,or to pull the plug.

VACIVICS.png[

i think that if you want to do something with the logo that is a V and an A, then you should download some really cool fonts. a lot of sans-serif fonts would work, and try to match good, clean fonts, and overlap them. that will give you a much better looks that if you try to draw them out. or maybe you will find a cool design that you could draw out and make it your own.

as for the colors...well blue and maroon dont really go together too well. try using some fonts, and see how that treats you.

Picture21.png

this is something i threw together pretty quickly...i tried to work the diamond into the design, but it looked forced, so i went with an overlapping VA...changed the colors, too - feel free to use it if you'd like, and anyone else can feel free to pick it apart

civicstl9.png

the second mark is intended as a cap mark, and the .ai file actually has a white outline - i would envision the mark being placed on a cap the color of the dark blue

jldesigns404eo.png

I'm applying for a fantasy baseball team on the boards and I want to have a decent logo,so I'd like some C+C so I can improve my creation.

VA.png

C+C is welcomed very much. :D

this is something i threw together pretty quickly...i tried to work the diamond into the design, but it looked forced, so i went with an overlapping VA...changed the colors, too - feel free to use it if you'd like, and anyone else can feel free to pick it apart

civicstl9.png

the second mark is intended as a cap mark, and the .ai file actually has a white outline - i would envision the mark being placed on a cap the color of the dark blue

I can't decide. I like them both.

If you want to keep the diamond idea and the colors...

civics.jpg

i actually played with something similar...problem is, that reads as AV to me, rather than VA...solid execution, though, and i like the way you incorporated the basepaths

jldesigns404eo.png

okay if i was on a team of any sport i wouldn't want to be called the civics

Well, I'm real sure that the members of the Boston AL team and Green Bay NFL team LOVE their team names. :rolleyes:

Red Sox? Packers? What the hell's wrong with those? Those are two classy timeless names, don't know what your logic was behind that remark....

Archived