Flames aquire Stuart, Primeau

Brass

Just saw on NESN that the Flames have aquired defenseman Brad Stuart and forward Wayne Primeau from the Boston Bruins for forward Chuck Kobasew and defenseman Andrew Ference.

More details to follow....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just saw on NESN that the Flames have aquired defenseman Brad Stuart and forward Wayne Primeau from the Boston Bruins for forward Chuck Kobasew and defenseman Andrew Ference.

More details to follow....

I think it's fair to say the Joe Thornton trade worked out for both sides. :D

man the Thorton trade has put a stain on the Bruins great history, they have 1 player left from that trade and watch Sturm be traded at the deadline. Plus the goalie who they demoted to 3 string is now one of the hottest in the league and has more wins then any of there 3 goalies.

tis a double whammy, though Kobasew is a good pick-up

untitled-6.jpg

I really think that Brad Stuart is an extremely overrated player, I mean way too much media coverage on this guy. Good trade though for Boston.

i agree he is getting a lot of hype. I mean really what has he ever done? he's a good player but come on how is he more coveted then Eric Brewer?

untitled-6.jpg

Stuart was probably best of a mediocre lot of defencemen that would be available at the deadline. Too many teams are still on the bubble of the playoffs and therefore unsure whether they will be buyers or sellers.

But with Craig Conroy back with Jarome Iginla -- and Alex Tanguay on the same line as those two -- along with a solid defence corps, including Stuart, Regehr, Hamrlik and Phaneuf, and the usual stellar play of Miikka Kiprusoff ... I'm starting to feel good about the Flames again.

Stuart was probably best of a mediocre lot of defencemen that would be available at the deadline. Too many teams are still on the bubble of the playoffs and therefore unsure whether they will be buyers or sellers.

But with Craig Conroy back with Jarome Iginla -- and Alex Tanguay on the same line as those two -- along with a solid defence corps, including Stuart, Regehr, Hamrlik and Phaneuf, and the usual stellar play of Miikka Kiprusoff ... I'm starting to feel good about the Flames again.

i don't trust kipper for the Flames, seeing him in the shoot-out he is easy to beat on the backhand when you get a breakaway, players will notice and take advantage of that in the playoffs.

untitled-6.jpg

Breakaway's aren't THAT common in the playoffs that his one weakness will hurt the flames. Kiprussof is an amazing goaltender, top three in the league, and with an even better defensive corpse, as a Canucks fan, I'm hoping we don't have to play Calgary in the playoffs.

Breakaway's aren't THAT common in the playoffs that his one weakness will hurt the flames. Kiprussof is an amazing goaltender, top three in the league, and with an even better defensive corpse, as a Canuck fan, I'm hoping we don't have to play Calgary in the playoffs.

the nucks will take the Flames in the playoffs, they may have kipper but you got roberto!

untitled-6.jpg

the nucks will take the Flames in the playoffs, they may have kipper but you got roberto!

Luongo's playoff experience makes Patrick Lalime look like a perennial Conn Smythe candidate... <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Luongo's playoff experience makes Patrick Lalime look like a perennial Conn Smythe candidate... <_<

what does that have to due with anything? Cam ward came in last year with no playpff expirence last year and won the cup, expirence doesn't always equal success

untitled-6.jpg

what does that have to due with anything? Cam ward came in last year with no playpff expirence last year and won the cup, expirence doesn't always equal success

Cam Ward didn't have a defence in front of him that would require him to steal a series in Hasek-esque fashion. The last ten Stanley Cup champs all won with either (1) great-to-masterful goaltending behind a stout defence [see: 1997-98, 2002 Red Wings; 1999 Stars; 2000, 2003 Devils; 1996, 2001 Avalanche] or (2) Decent goaltending behind an explosive offence and/or superb Blueline [see: 2004 Lightning, 2006 Hurricanes]

Stand-on-your-head Goaltending (like what the Canucks would need, based on the play of their Blueline and the traditional vanishing of their offence in April) bringing you to the Cup just doesn't happen. Roloson/Markkanen (2006), Giguere (2003), Hasek (1999), Kolzig (1998), and Vandiesbrouck (1996) are great stories and fun to watch... but they don't skate away with the Cup in the end.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Cam Ward didn't have a defence in front of him that would require him to steal a series in Hasek-esque fashion. The last ten Stanley Cup champs all won with either (1) great-to-masterful goaltending behind a stout defence [see: 1997-98, 2002 Red Wings; 1999 Stars; 2000, 2003 Devils; 1996, 2001 Avalanche] or (2) Decent goaltending behind an explosive offence and/or superb Blueline [see: 2004 Lightning, 2006 Hurricanes]

Stand-on-your-head Goaltending (like what the Canucks would need, based on the play of their Blueline and the traditional vanishing of their offence in April) bringing you to the Cup just doesn't happen. Roloson/Markkanen (2006), Giguere (2003), Hasek (1999), Kolzig (1998), and Vandiesbrouck (1996) are great stories and fun to watch... but they don't skate away with the Cup in the end.

I understand that but i never said the nucks would win the cup, all i said was that they'd beat the Flames.

untitled-6.jpg

Roberto Luongo will perform in the playoffs. Anybody who has seen him play in the last two months, in playoff-like games has seen him stand on his head and give the Canucks a chance to win. The playoffs won't be any different for Roberto. I don't get why people can say he won't be the same in the post-season when he is about as calm and collected as a goaltender can be, and he hasn't a had a game with the Canucks in a big game, where he has just blown a game for the 'Nucks.

That said, the defense has had some terrible games. Ohlund, Salo, Bieksa and Mitchell are all solid, but Bieksa has had some really bad games lately. If Nonis could deal for another defenseman or two, that would solidify the back end and all the Canucks would need is some consistency out of Naslund and the Sedin line, and they could actually do some damage in the playoffs.

Archived