Cicago Rush Arena Bowl XX Rings

Geoff

World Champions?

laughingja9.gif

If they changed to "arena champions," they'd have to pay Jostens an extra $40 a ring to change the die.

Also, is anyone else looking at these, and thinking that once the players put them on, they gain the mighty powers of Hercules?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

World Champions?

laughingja9.gif

Is there another league that plays Arena Football at the level they do?

Technically speaking, no. Jim Foster's Gridiron Enterprises patented the game that's played by the AFL back in the early days, which is the reason other leagues like the NIFL aren't exactly the same. Also the AFL's considered the "NFL" of the indoor game by just about everyone, despite the existence of the NIFL and other would-be competitors.

nav-logo.png

World Champions?

laughingja9.gif

Technically speaking, no. Jim Foster's Gridiron Enterprises patented the game that's played by the AFL back in the early days, which is the reason other leagues like the NIFL aren't exactly the same. Also the AFL's considered the "NFL" of the indoor game by just about everyone, despite the existence of the NIFL and other would-be competitors.

I can see your point, but I still find it funny. The game isn't played worldwide nor do they compete with other teams around the world. They might as well dub themselves Universal Champions or, preferably, Masters of the Universe.

:D

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'll still can't believe a team that went 7-9 wins the league championship. Lame.

It's all about the playoffs. That's why every sport has two seperate championships.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'll still can't believe a team that went 7-9 wins the league championship. Lame.

It's all about the playoffs. That's why every sport has two seperate championships.

The team that wins a playoff is the one and only champion.

"Regular-season champion" is lame.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

World Champions?

laughingja9.gif

I can see your point, but I still find it funny. The game isn't played worldwide nor do they compete with other teams around the world. They might as well dub themselves Universal Champions or, preferably, Masters of the Universe.

:D

Actually there are leagues in Canada and Mexico that play arena football, and there is a team called the Samurai in Japan that plays exhibition games with some AFL teams. The Arena Cup, the AF2 championship game was played in San Juan, Puerto Rico last year, and David Baker (AFL Commish) wants to have more international teams in the AF2 and possibly the AFL.

Plus teams in the MLB play the Blue Jays, but they don't play any Japanese teams or any teams from Mexico, Dominican Republic, or Cuba. NFL teams don't play other teams from around the world, neither does the NBA, and the NHL is USA and Canada only.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• LMU locked this topic

Archived