"City 6" Aussie Rules Football

BB61

While I know almost nothing about Aussie Rules, I have to say, I realy like the Temple one with the eyes and gradient that BigBrain did. And I do find it very hard to make out some of the details in Discrimihater's because of the template. I think they'd look tremendously better on the other template in this thread (well maybe the checkerboard one wouldn't...)

While I know almost nothing about Aussie Rules, I have to say, I realy like the Temple one with the eyes and gradient that BigBrain did. And I do find it very hard to make out some of the details in Discrimihater's because of the template. I think they'd look tremendously better on the other template in this thread (well maybe the checkerboard one wouldn't...)

haha, glad to see my groveling didn't fall on deaf ears :D

my foresight's a little faulty sometimes...for instance, I thought it was a good idea from when it came to me until about a half hour after I posted it...kinda like Britney Spears' new lack of hair :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Out to the mainline we go -- The Villanova Wildcats.

VillanovaFirst.jpg

Gee... I bet you didn't see this coming, eh? This time the 'V's stand for something (although I'm sure when South Melbourne and Hawthorn used it, it stood for something too). I want you to know that I went through about fifteen variations of this before I finally settled upon what you see here. I left out the purpley-red for simplicity's sake, and pretty much went full-on traditional.

For the clash, well... brace yourself, Mero:

VillanovaClash.jpg

I really, really like those two logos because they're different. Yet, I didn't want this to end up being a Brisbane disaster, so I limited the gradient to the top. It needed something other than white -- it looked too plain with just white. Overall, I don't think it's horrible. Could be better, but remember that the clashes are supposed to be experiemental. I what's good about this one is at least I had better colors to work with (they're closer than Brisbane's colors for this sort of thing), and no pee stain on the bottom. :P

Keep the C & C coming. Especially you. Yeah, you reading right now. :hockeysmiley:

Next up: St. Joseph's.

philly.png

heh, the great minds thing strikes again...I'd given thought to using a traditional V, though I decided to go a slightly different direction, as you'll see in a minute. both of em look sharp IMO, and you made the right decision to avoid overdoing the gradient. I woulda used navy numbers, but the clash looks nice anyway.

with further ado, here's my set...I figured for the home, taking cues from the Victorian State of Origin jumper worked when I did Virginia...safe to say this one was a near no-brainer.

Villanovahome.png

heck, to be honest, so was this one. I figure it woulda been a great idea to use the "slashed hole" for the clash, and it'd be even better if it looked like it was tearing through a light blue version of the main jumper.

Villanovaclash.png

there we go...heh, I have absolutely no idea what I'll bust out for St. Joe's, to be honest. I'm leaning towards something WCE-inspired, though I might end up going with something like Woodville-West Torrens got. Heh, that's actually good, personally, cus I do know what I'm gonna do for Drexel B)

edit: funny thing, seems I forgot to change the team name on the jocktag from LaSalle to Villanova :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Out to the mainline we go -- The Villanova Wildcats.

For the clash, well... brace yourself, Mero:

VillanovaClash.jpg

Well I don't hate it Brian. It's still a little plain outside of the logo and that gradient ain't working for me.

liverpool-1.png

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

'Scrim -- I look forward to seeing what you come up with, especially since your artist skills outnumber mine by about... oh... infinity.

Rob -- The font I used for these is the Minnesota Wild font, actually, and it's the same one for both. It's similar to what they use for basketball and what they used to use for football. I don't own Illustrator, actually, I do all of my work in PhotoShop, which is fine because I think AI would be over my head. I'll PM you anyway, when I get the chance.

I finished another one last night. From Temple, we go up Broad Street a few miles to La Salle University, home of the Explorers.

LaSalleFirst.jpg

The home is straightforward. It bears a lot of resemblence to the West Coast Eagles jumpers from the beginning of their existance. I took off the wordmark that is attached the bottom of the logo, and left the oval uncompleted. Why? I'm not sure. I liked what was there.

LaSalleClash.jpg

Alright, this is where I admit to something I'm not proud of. I nicked the ship from a coloring image. Bad form? Perhaps, but it was what I was looking for, and the fact that it is plain white against a colored background made it stand out. Hopefully it doesn't seem too cartoonish. As bad as the execution may be, this is what I thought of immediately for a clash. And if the waves look familar, yes, they're from my Jersey Shore Crushers WAFA jumpers.

The number font was selected because it was similar to the Romanesque font of the current and previous wordmarks, but different.

Next up: Penn. ETA: Tonight or tomorrow.

Really like this idea and wish the schools had teams. Lasalle uses a darker blue don't they though?

and now we head over to the alma mater of Jameer Nelson, and the ol' barn where the hawk's probably flapping his wings as I type...St. Joe's...er, Saint Joseph's University. As mentioned beforehand, I initially had no idea what direction I was gonna head. Basically, it's partly inspired by Woodville-West Torrens of the SANFL, partly by Collingwood's flying magpie away from a few years back, and the home borrows the racing stripe from Freo's first printed away jumper, though no white shield.

StJosephshome.png

StJosephsclash.png

far as my thought process went, doing what would essentially be a crimson and white version of WCE or Hawthorn was out of the question, mainly cus it would look too much like Temple. Secondly, that's what everybody would expect ;) had to put silver outline on the home's hawk, cus otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it. heh, I used silver for the away shorts cus I was a little tired of white shorts :D

Heh, as I said, I pretty much already know what my Drexel set will look like (heh, if you saw my Illinois away and clash in the Big Ten project, at least the home will be similar to that)

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now I emphatically take a ping from 50 meters out, as my official part in the City Six is done. Basically, I'm kinda excited to show ya my Drexel set, so here we go:

Drexelhome.png

Drexelclash.png

basically, the home jumper and socks are intended to mimic the undersides of a dragon...specifically this dragon. the Ajax effect necessitated a thinner font than I usually use, so Sharks numbers it was. The clash, I was going for a firey look. To avoid Brisbane's "I peed" problem, I used gold shorts instead of white ones.

For the heck of it, I plan on releasing some fashion jumpers of sorts: two or three variants of Temple's "Night Owl," a Penn fauxback and white "Ivy" jumper, and likely a maroon Nova slashmark. maybe a blue and/or red version of Drexel's "fire" set. Eh well, I simply wanna see what most of em look like...BigBrain, as you had the original project idea, it's yours to end :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now I emphatically take a ping from 50 meters out, as my official part in the City Six is done. Basically, I'm kinda excited to show ya my Drexel set, so here we go:

Drexelhome.png

Drexelclash.png

basically, the home jumper and socks are intended to mimic the undersides of a dragon...specifically this dragon. the Ajax effect necessitated a thinner font than I usually use, so Sharks numbers it was. The clash, I was going for a firey look. To avoid Brisbane's "I peed" problem, I used gold shorts instead of white ones.

For the heck of it, I plan on releasing some fashion jumpers of sorts: two or three variants of Temple's "Night Owl," a Penn fauxback and white "Ivy" jumper, and likely a maroon Nova slashmark. maybe a blue and/or red version of Drexel's "fire" set. Eh well, I simply wanna see what most of em look like...BigBrain, as you had the original project idea, it's yours to end :)

<_< You might want to use another source for those logos because the dragon is yellow not tan.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

heh, looks yellow to me.

Yeah, but I think it's more of a deep yellow, like La Salle's is. They're two awesome concepts, I must say I like the fire one. I may be swiping that idea when I do it. :D

As for St. Joe's -- I like those too, how they kept the same theme and all. The Hawk will never die. :D

And as for me finishing this off, y'all will have to wait until next week. I'll be out of town for the weekend, and as much as I like doing this, I like being with my girlfriend a lil' bit more. :boogie:

philly.png

Archived