greensboro gryphons

leggman01

there is no real greensboro gryphons fantasy team, but i sketched a gryphon and i like names with alliteration so, here you have it - this is the first logo i've done completely in illustrator...didn't lean on any of the old tools for a crutch

gborogryphonskh9.png

c&c appreciated

jldesigns404eo.png

With a little tweaking to the helmet logo, you could turn the white negative space into a second "G."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With a little tweaking to the helmet logo, you could turn the white negative space into a second "G."

yeah...i noticed that, but when i played around with it, it just wasn't as strong as the stand alone g

the wordmark is a customized version of "macromedia"...i'm pretty pleased with the way it looks at large sizes...i've got to figure out how to make it look as good small

here are some additional images

wordmark

gborogryhpons1vc3.png

helmet

gborohelmetje9.png

jldesigns404eo.png

Very nice logo - I would recommend doing something with the eyes - need some detail, but don't over do it.

The helmet and wordmark are good. Simple concept and well done.

Nice Work Leggman

KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the little notch on the letter G, etc. I think it needs to be just a smidge deeper, as it's hard to notice unless the letters are big. Those things are nice touches.

I think it's ok if you use the grey outline stroke when you're concepting (I know some may disagree, but it's not the finished piece), BUT the stroke is getting in the way on the left (our left) foot. I would just draw that free hand because it's too pointy and you don't need that extra talon outline to stick out. Look at the foot of the Atlanta Falcons logo. They worked around the inner shape to make the outline more streamlined.

wow thats crazy man!

nice work, what programs do you use?

no offense meant, dude, but you ask this in almost every logo thread...and i told you it was my first concept done completely in illustrator in the original post - if you're hoping for some magical program that just pops out good logos, it doesn't exist (at least i don't think it does...does it...if so, i want it) - it all starts with what you put on paper with a pencil (or in this case a pen...i sketched the initial concept on a pad in my truck...and i didn't have a pencil) - i've done concepts in paint, paint shop pro and now illustrator, and my best concepts are the ones that look the best on paper, regardless of program (well, to a point...paint is somewhat limiting)

jldesigns404eo.png

I like the little notch on the letter G, etc. I think it needs to be just a smidge deeper, as it's hard to notice unless the letters are big. Those things are nice touches.

thanks...i agree with you and i'm working on it...truthfully, i think the G is the strongest part of this package...by far

I think it's ok if you use the grey outline stroke when you're concepting (I know some may disagree, but it's not the finished piece), BUT the stroke is getting in the way on the left (our left) foot. I would just draw that free hand because it's too pointy and you don't need that extra talon outline to stick out. Look at the foot of the Atlanta Falcons logo. They worked around the inner shape to make the outline more streamlined.

yeah, i knew that was a bit off, but i'm not sure how to fix it - i actually didn't use a stroke, but i did an offset path for the outline - i'm still really learning my way around illustrator, so i'm sure that's probably a no-no (obviously, it didn't work correctly, so i did something wrong) - i've played around with the miter limits and i've had varying degrees of success with fixing those issues, but nothing that has taken care of the problem totally...i had resigned myself to doing exactly as you suggest

thanks a ton for your input...it's GREATLY appreciated

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived