Dominic Rhodes, DUI

slapshot

From Yahoo:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts running back Dominic Rhodes faces a drunken driving charge after state troopers arrested him Tuesday.

Rhodes, 28, was pulled over about 3 a.m. driving a GMC truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on Interstate 65 in Indianapolis' far northwest side, Indiana State Police spokesman 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten said.

"It was a normal, run-of-the-mill drunk driving arrest," Bursten said.

Rhodes was cooperative with the state troopers who arrested him, police said. He was being held at the Marion County arrestee processing center Tuesday morning.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team did not have any immediate comment on the arrest.

Rhodes' attorney Jim Voyles, who was at the processing center, said he did not know where Rhodes was before the arrest and did not have a chance to see him. He said Rhodes would likely be released on his own recognizance after an initial hearing.

Rhodes, who became a free agent after the season, delivered an MVP-like performance in the Super Bowl, rushing for more than 100 yards in the win over Chicago. Afterward, he was featured in a Disney World television commercial with coach Tony Dungy.

Rhodes has been in trouble with the law before. Following a 2002 domestic disturbance at his home, Rhodes pleaded innocent in Marion Superior Court to misdemeanor charges of battery and domestic battery. Latrina Moore, who lived with Rhodes at the time and is the mother of a child with Rhodes, said Rhodes hit her and shoved her to the floor after she confronted him about other women calling their home, prosecutors said at the time.

Under an agreement with prosecutors in that case, Rhodes was charged with domestic battery but avoided prosecution. Instead, Rhodes was placed in a diversionary program and underwent mental health counseling.

The Associated Press left a message Tuesday seeking comment from Rhodes' agent Michael McCartney.

Rhodes started all 16 regular-season games in 2006, rushing for 641 yards and 5 touchdowns. He was Edgerrin James' backup since 2001 and had a chance to become the Colts featured back in 2006 but instead shared the job with rookie Joseph Addai.

The six-year veteran has 2,274 yards rushing in his career.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He was just trying out for the Bengals...cut the guy some slack!

He is a free agent (or is expected to become one), so you are probably on to something.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

He is a free agent (or is expected to become one), so you are probably on to something.

He would be a good backup to Rudi Johnson. Just sayin'...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

*unnecessary*

I lol'd at this.

Anywho...what is up wth NFL players and breaking the law??? It's like "Oh, we aren't satisfied with/can't break records, so let's break the next best thing...the law!"

Archived