If it was up to me! III

AFB

If it was up to me, this is how I would do the NBA TV Contract

ESPN= Friday night

TNT= Thursday Night

CBS= Saturday Night

NBC= Sunday

NBC & CBS would rotate the All-star games, Conference Finals and the Finals.

ESPN would do the East Playoff Monday-Friday

TNT Would do the West Playoff Monday-Friday

NBC & CBS would do the playoff on their day.

Well, what do you think freind. :P

NEXT WEEK

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL :D

ESPN= Friday night

TNT= Thursday Night

CBS= Saturday Night

NBC= Sunday

NEXT WEEK

Not bad but I don't think it's legally possible to have a national sport come more than one national channel. Cable, defintely. But not national. I would bring back NBA on TBS.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

ESPN= Friday night

TNT= Thursday Night

CBS= Saturday Night

NBC= Sunday

NEXT WEEK

Not bad but I don't think it's legally possible to have a national sport come more than one national channel. Cable, defintely. But not national. I would bring back NBA on TBS.

Illegal? Uhh...oh, wait a second. The phone is ringing. It's the NFL. Be right back.

ESPN= Friday night

TNT= Thursday Night

CBS= Saturday Night

NBC= Sunday

NEXT WEEK

Illegal? Uhh...oh, wait a second. The phone is ringing. It's the NFL. Be right back.

Ha Ha Ha <_< funny. I forgot.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

two questions and one thought: A) why split it amongst all the different networks, B) why those days specifically and not including days they show games now (Mondays and Wednesdays come to mind)...

thought/question: do you know at all how TV contracts are structured or done for sports? because some of your ideas run counter to what the networks would want (and get) out of TV deals.

harperdc.gif

i just want more games on network tv, like the playoffs???, rembemer those tripple headers playoff days durring the "roundball rock" era on nbc???, THATS what needs to happen abc and espn just shafted the network fan i think with how little games and the SAME teams over and over, i mean i'm sick of rockes, spurs and heat pistons for games give me some of the up and comming teams(utah, wash, orl).

i just want more games on network tv, like the playoffs???, remember those triple headers playoff days during the "roundball rock" era on nbc???, THATS what needs to happen abc and espn just shafted the network fan i think with how little games and the SAME teams over and over, i mean i'm sick of rockets, spurs and heat pistons for games give me some of the up and coming teams(utah, wash, orl).

This is exactly how I feel also. The NBA shows the same 5-10 teams on t.v. all the time. For example we've just seen the Cavs play on ABC 4 weeks in a row (excluding ASW) and plus countless games on ESPN and TNT during the week. So go for the Heat, Mavs, Suns, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Lakers,etc. I haven't seen the Knicks play on cable or national TV yet! And they used to be the ones always playing on TV. I want to see the Orlando's, New Orleans's, Toronto's playing on TV because I RARELY see them ever.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

i just want more games on network tv, like the playoffs???, remember those triple headers playoff days during the "roundball rock" era on nbc???, THATS what needs to happen abc and espn just shafted the network fan i think with how little games and the SAME teams over and over, i mean i'm sick of rockets, spurs and heat pistons for games give me some of the up and coming teams(utah, wash, orl).

This is exactly how I feel also. The NBA shows the same 5-10 teams on t.v. all the time. For example we've just seen the Cavs play on ABC 4 weeks in a row (excluding ASW) and plus countless games on ESPN and TNT during the week. So go for the Heat, Mavs, Suns, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Lakers,etc. I haven't seen the Knicks play on cable or national TV yet! And they used to be the ones always playing on TV. I want to see the Orlando's, New Orleans's, Toronto's playing on TV because I RARELY see them ever.

that can go for all sports except the NFL, other leagues need to step up and give more games for the people who dont have cable

Agreed. I actually feel the opposite for the NFL - because there's fewer games, you NEED to have your marquee and best teams in every top national game (SNF/MNF, basically) but because the Association has so many games, can't you throw a bone to the Golden States, Portlands, Torontos and Orlandos of the world? You know, maybe at least *one* game a year nationally?

ah well. at least I still live in the territory of my favorite team - now, if only they'd get ALL the games on TV down here....they didn't televise the Wizards game before the ASB, now they didn't show the Memphis game that ended up being one of the BEST finishes in a long time...c'mon KGW and FSN, work it out!

I actually really like how the NBA's TV deal is setup right now, the only problem being ABC's Sunday afternoon setup starts at a ghastly 9:30 out here on the Left Coast. Hangover television if I've ever seen it...

harperdc.gif

i just want more games on network tv, like the playoffs???, rembemer those tripple headers playoff days durring the "roundball rock" era on nbc???, THATS what needs to happen abc and espn just shafted the network fan i think with how little games and the SAME teams over and over, i mean i'm sick of rockes, spurs and heat pistons for games give me some of the up and comming teams(utah, wash, orl).

How about an NHL triple header now, why not?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Do a college football one too please!!! :D

Allright OZ my man, i'll do college football after MLB. :P:grin:

two questions and one thought: A) why split it amongst all the different networks, B) why those days specifically and not including days they show games now (Mondays and Wednesdays come to mind)...

thought/question: do you know at all how TV contracts are structured or done for sports? because some of your ideas run counter to what the networks would want (and get) out of TV deals.

What do you mean by that Harp? <_<

I will look at the NHL first.

1-The average Nielsen audience for Saturday night was 5.0, the ABC NCAA footbal season numbers were higher that that. Sadly, the release of Saturday numbers is not that important to the public, it is neessary for this little NHL on NBC argument. As a whole, I don't think that the NHL would bring in 3.0 million Americans on a Saturday night over the course of the season, so don't do it. The united States is too fractured to have a national hockey team like the Leafs or Cadadiens.

2-CBS and the SEC do well enough for TV and the games on ESPN and FSN will meet the rest of the nation. CBS is the only network with capability for 1080i, the rest are 720i.

Plus, AFB, you have to think about what is done in HD as of now and could you "contract" anyone handle football in HD. The SEC is still a better intro to Saturday night programming than anything that CBS would ever have; plus it is in 5.1 Dolby sound. The best for those who have HDTV! Then again Cold Case did eh best numbers in Dec. 2006.

How about an NHL triple header now, why not?

hey i'm all for that too.....say a saturday sportsfest:

NBC: NBA tripple header

CBS: NCAA Basketball tripple header

ABC: NHL tripple header

FOX: NASCAR Bush racing and MLB double header

THATS that dream!!!

Archived