Super Bowl XLII Retooling

CoasterLine

After looking at the current design for the Super Bowl logo, it is easily noted that the colors are the worst part of this year's design... So I did some modifications to the color. The colors are now the colors within the Arizona state flag, and both stars have been converted to red, rather than a blue and red star for the NFC and AFC, which really wasn't needed. C&C welcome.

editedSuperBowl.jpg

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

You've improved on it, that's for sure. Not sure if there is enough contrast with the XLII font color and the rest of the image.

I'd like to see something with the Arizona state flag as an inspiration ... I think that would add a new dynamic to the design.

It's a nice improvement but not really accurate.

The flag doesn't have two shades of blue. Just one.

The official description is:

The lower half of the flag is a blue field, the upper half divided into thirteen equal segments, six light yellow and seven red. In the center of the flag is a copper-colored five-point star. The red and the blue are the same shades as the flag of the United States of America, and it measures four feet high and six feet wide. The flag was designed by Charles W. Harris and first sewn by Nan D. Hayden. Blue and yellow are the Arizona colors, and red and yellow the colors of the Spanish Conquistadores headed by Coronado who first came to Arizona in 1540. The copper star represents Arizona as the largest producer of copper in the nation.

Maybe work some copper into it to have a truly accurate representation if your going for the state flag thing.

I like where this is going. Only thing I have is that the "Cardinals" colors weren't used more. The dark blue is OK as that was the NFL's choice. However, the yellow and red need to match the Card's yellow and red from the bird logo. This would tie the logo together. The tough pare is how do you incorporate the black? Maybe make the dark blue the black and thelight blue the dark blue.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived