My latest sig set

Viper

I've tweaked my sig style a bit for this set. I plan to eventually go back and re-do my NFL, NHL and EPL sigs in this same fashion. Here are the differences:

• These sigs are slightly smaller (300x36) than my previous sets
  • The file format is 24-bit PNG instead of GIF
  • Text area is a bit smaller, and is horizontally centered on all sigs, regardless of logo size (this is so they look better when stacked on top of one another)
  • Team and league logos are aligned against the text area instead of the left and right edges (this is to keep most of the white space close to the edge

This set is for the ten teams in the WCHA, the premier conference in NCAA Division I ice hockey. Here is the first half...

wchaalaskaanchoragetp8.pngwchacoloradocollegeur5.pngwchadenverzd4.png

wchamichigantechav3.pngwchaminnesotahz6.png

...and here is the second.

wchaminnesotaduluthbm1.pngwchaminnesotastatemd4.pngwchanorthdakotado3.png

wchastcloudstateli9.pngwchawisconsinfe8.png

CCSLC signature.png

Premier D-I Hockey conference my ass...

Everyone knows that the CCHA is better.

Number of national championships won by WCHA teams in the last seven seasons: Six

Number of national championships won by CCHA teams in the same span: Zero

Speaking of which, would it be too much to ask from you to create a sig set for the CCHA schools.

I'm in the middle of making a Big Ten set right now; maybe after that one's done.

CCSLC signature.png

All-time National Title Game Record

CCHA 10-8 WCHA

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Speaking of which, would it be too much to ask from you to create a sig set for the CCHA schools.

Anybody that knows anything about college hockey could not say that the CCHA is superior to the WCHA with a straight face. Without Michigan's 9 titles they'd be barely better than the ECAC. No other CCHA school is in the top 5 in overall championships. In fact, Lake Superior State is 2nd in the CCHA with 3 titles. Wow, 3.

Top 5 Universities in number of NCAA Championship Titles:

9 - Michigan CCHA

7 - Denver WCHA

7 - North Dakota WCHA

6 - Wisconsin WCHA

5 - Minnesota WCHA

Do you see a theme? There's a reason for that...

Remove any one school from the WCHA's figures and they still have more than the CCHA. Further, you can remove any two schools from the total and the WCHA still maintains its superiority because the WCHA has more than double the titles of the CCHA. Double. See?

Total NCAA Championship Titles by Conference:

33 - WCHA

16 - Hockey East

16 - CCHA

5 - ECAC

Sure is an odd way of making a request. Next time get your facts straight before you start talking out of your ass.

Can you make some ECAC sigs?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Anybody that knows anything about college hockey could not say that the CCHA is superior to the WCHA with a straight face. Without Michigan's 9 titles they'd be barely better than the ECAC. No other CCHA school is in the top 5 in overall championships. In fact, Lake Superior State is 2nd in the CCHA with 3 titles. Wow, 3.

9 - Michigan CCHA

7 - Denver WCHA

7 - North Dakota WCHA

6 - Wisconsin WCHA

5 - Minnesota WCHA

Remove any one school from the WCHA's figures and they still have more than the CCHA. Further, you can remove any two schools from the total and the WCHA still maintains its superiority because the WCHA has more than double the titles of the CCHA. Double. See?

33 - WCHA

16 - Hockey East

16 - CCHA

5 - ECAC

Sure is an odd way of making a request. Next time get your facts straight before you start talking out of your ass.

How 'bout I also point out that Michigan was in the WCHA (or the WCHA's predacessors, the MCHA or WIHL) while winning six of those nine national titles (1951, '52, '53, '55, '56, and '64) and that the Wolverines first was from before either the WCHA or CCHA existed (1948, while the MCHA formed in 1951)? So, really, the CCHA can only claim two of Michigan's National Titles (and can't claim Northern Michigan's either, as they were in the WCHA when they won in 1991)... (BTW, the WCHA has had teams that actually were members win, now 36 National Championships...)

Truthfully, the CCHA (which wasn't established until 1971) only has seven Nat'l Titles to it's credit (won by school that were, you know, actually members of the conference when they won the Nat'l Title):

Bowling Green - 1984

Michigan State - 1986

Lake Superior - 1988

Lake Superior - 1992

Lake Superior - 1994

Michigan - 1996

Michigan - 1998

Last I checked, 36 is more than 5 times as many as 7...

FYI, a great resource for College Hockey history is here... Use it, and you won't sound so stupid.

Moose

Since I am going for a uniform design for all of my sig collections, when I expanded the template for my Big Ten sigs I also did the same for my WCHA sigs. The new versions are here. I'll be taking down the old versions that are posted on this thread, so mods, feel free to close this thread.

CCSLC signature.png

I love the theme. However, the set seems pretty red-heavy and I would argue that "Golden Gophers" should be in gold. Or perhaps have "Golden" in gold and "Gophers" in maroon?

Might you cook up a Twins version? Or even a Vikes one for those of us from the TC that are sadists?

9 - Michigan CCHA

7 - Denver WCHA

7 - North Dakota WCHA

6 - Wisconsin WCHA

5 - Minnesota WCHA

33 - WCHA

16 - Hockey East

16 - CCHA

5 - ECAC

How 'bout I also point out that Michigan was in the WCHA (or the WCHA's predacessors, the MCHA or WIHL) while winning six of those nine national titles (1951, '52, '53, '55, '56, and '64) and that the Wolverines first was from before either the WCHA or CCHA existed (1948, while the MCHA formed in 1951)? So, really, the CCHA can only claim two of Michigan's National Titles (and can't claim Northern Michigan's either, as they were in the WCHA when they won in 1991)... (BTW, the WCHA has had teams that actually were members win, now 36 National Championships...)

Truthfully, the CCHA (which wasn't established until 1971) only has seven Nat'l Titles to it's credit (won by school that were, you know, actually members of the conference when they won the Nat'l Title):

Bowling Green - 1984

Michigan State - 1986

Lake Superior - 1988

Lake Superior - 1992

Lake Superior - 1994

Michigan - 1996

Michigan - 1998

Last I checked, 36 is more than 5 times as many as 7...

FYI, a great resource for College Hockey history is here... Use it, and you won't sound so stupid.

Moose

owned.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived