ACC video

OMMF

So I'm watching this:

http://www.thestar.com/videoGallery/defaul...normal&id=1

and I'm curious about something. It seems the court is not placed centered over the ice. So is the jumbotron off-center from either mid-court of the basketball floor or center ice? It might just be the perspective of the camera but something seems off to me.

I think it is a perspective issue. There would be no reason for it not to be in the center. I was wondering why they resurfaced the ice before putting down the covering. They are just gonna have to resurface it when it comes off. The only reason I can think of is that it makes the ice "sticky" and the covering adheres better.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

It is centered properly. An easy way to tell is to just place your mouse over the center ice dot and leave it there throughout the entire video.

It does actually answer one thing I thought about the arena. I always thought that the first 10-15 rows of seats at the ends of the rink were just extended out over the floor for Raptors games (and pushed in for Phantoms games, which it does appear they do), but it would appear that they actually have different seating sections that they put in place for basketball games.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It is centered properly. An easy way to tell is to just place your mouse over the center ice dot and leave it there throughout the entire video.

It does actually answer one thing I thought about the arena. I always thought that the first 10-15 rows of seats at the ends of the rink were just extended out over the floor for Raptors games (and pushed in for Phantoms games, which it does appear they do), but it would appear that they actually have different seating sections that they put in place for basketball games.

I was actually in the bowls of the ACC last spring when I worked some Indian concert/show thingy. Where I was stationed was the main enterence from the underground parking lot into the arena. Where I was was ain the ring around the rink, so under the seats. I was standing about a 20 pace walk from the equipment room where they kept the Zamboni and skate sharpners. If I walked around the ring I would have gotten to the dressing rooms and along my way I would have passed a rack with about 4 or 5 hockey nets stacked (2 of which had the current shiled on the back, the others had the old one or none, which were probably for practices and such). A little further along they had a GIANT area with all the seats and movable stands for the Raptors games. They had about 4 or 5 nets, a whole mass amount of collapsable seats/rows of seats, etc. I would have taken pics but my camera phone sucked at the time... I do have these though...

Picture9.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Next time I work that venue and I'm put in that area I'll snap more pics with my new(ish) 1.3 megapixal RAZR.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Next time I work that venue and I'm put in that area I'll snap more pics with my new(ish) 1.3 megapixal RAZR.

Never thought of whipping out the old cell phone camera while I was down there -- I saw some interesting things, especially some neat configurations as I worked the Toronto Phantom arena football games there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That's weird that there's entirely separate seating for basketball and football. I noticed something similar when I was at the TD Banknorth Garden the other day for some basketball games. The two lower sections that would be behind the goal line for hockey games are on stair-stepped metal platforms. For hockey games, these are lowered down to ice level. For basketball games, the lowest level is raised to the height of the hockey boards, so the seating in that area is not as steep. This way, more rows of seats are added on the floor level, and they are also gradually stair-stepped until they reach the hockey seats.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived