Ty Conklin's new Sabres mask

jerseyfan

I don't have time to stare at a mask, and the cameras don't focus on it too long, so if I can't get the point of it at a glance, then it isn't working.

Amen.

On that note, perhaps the greatest mask ever worn in hockey history is this:

05-Gerry-Cheevers-Mask.jpg

This one, ranks highly with me for sentimental reasons:

one_dryden01.jpg

I know masks are different today, but I agree that the simpler, prominent designs trump those that are detailed and convuluted.

The designs that last in sports, are the simpler designs, because they become engrained in pop-culture and become very easy to identify and recognize.

This is the first I've seen this (and that link goes to the website of the radio station I play in the car, so... that's weird to me) and I have to agree with what someone (sorry, forgot already) said above... it has a FireFox logo feel to it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Awesome

blkbeez.jpg

Suck

hexy.jpg

Suck 2

hex98.jpg

Awesome 2

verndet.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sweet mask.

BTW: I think Thibault's mask this year was awesome before he changed it

ThibaultMask2.jpg

However, nothing beats Wregget's "The Penguin" IMO

wreg.jpg

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

check out the old buffalo sabes masks on this site, just be thankful they arent like these

-Clint Malarchuk 1

-Daren Puppa 1

-Grant Fuhr 3

http://users.aol.com/maskman31/nhlpicsnf.html

I'll grant you that those are bad... but Grant Fuhr 1 from the Sabres has ALWAYS been my favourite goalie mask ever...

fuhrbuf.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Awesome

blkbeez.jpg

Man I miss that mask. I was a huge Beezer fan, and a large part of that was his helemts. I know the guy who painted them had that armadillo style mask he sold, but I wish he was still doing masks. That "edgey" outline used looks amazing, very sharp. His masks in New Jersey were pretty cool too.

njd-beezer2.jpg

njd-beezer3.jpg

That TBO mask is pretty cool too and I saw a picture of Patrick Lalime's Chicago mask (I cant say I watch many hawks games) but I really like use of Marvin the Martian with the head dress, it looks really cool. I think its funny that the Marvin concept has followed Lalime from team to team, as it was orignally done since he said he thought the Senators logo looked like Marvin the Martian.

73644344.jpg

SEAsig.png

The only reason why the Bernie Parent mask looks good was more for its design than its decoration. It is one of the more distinct masks of the time in terms of it looking very intimidating. I mean hell, Palle Lundqvist wore the same mask style as Parent in his honor... before he killed himself of course. Its the look of the mask, not whats on it that makes it sooo good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The only reason why the Bernie Parent mask looks good was more for its design than its decoration. It is one of the more distinct masks of the time in terms of it looking very intimidating. I mean hell, Palle Lundqvist wore the same mask style as Parent in his honor... before he killed himself of course. Its the look of the mask, not whats on it that makes it sooo good.

Pelle Lindbergh maybe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pelle Lindbergh maybe?

Yah thats who I meant, lol. I get the names confused at times... I should really check it over before I post stuff like this for now on.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That's a nice mask, looks pretty good, to bad he likely will only where it 1-2 times. As i don't see the SAbres renewing his contract.

Why is his nickname " Conks "? Should be " Conky "

Pretty good mask for a backup...

What does it matter whether he's starter or backup?

untitled-6.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived