U.s. gold medal

CC97

Congrats, awesome comeback.... told ya it would be an extremely close gold medal canada/u.s. final  :)

for those not in the know...

canada was up 3-1 heading into the 3rd, u.s. scored 3 to take the lead and win the game, the final on a bouncing puck over Marc-Andre Fleury's stick.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN... Canada started to try to run the US into the ground instead of focussing on puck control... Fleury's faux pas is the second dumbest goal in international history... the first being the bank shot off of Tommy Salo's skull in the Olympics

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I only wish they showed it hear it would have been nice and brought more inrest to hockey but stupid ESPN thought showing SUper Bowl 3 was more improtnat sad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Canada started to try to run the US into the ground instead of focussing on puck control... Fleury's faux pas is the second dumbest goal in international history... the first being the bank shot off of Tommy Salo's skull in the Olympics

It was an extremely flukey goal, but it wasn't dumb. If Cobourn happens to show up a split-second later, Fleury has made a good play by clearing the puck away from a charging American. It's not Cobourn's fault, really, either, he was at least coming back to play some D... it's just one of those days when you're not meant to win.

This was the Americans' day, congrats to them.

Kinda cool memory though... standing on the main floor of University Centre here at the U of M, crowded around one of several TVs suspended from the ceiling with about 40 other people, watching the game during one of my spares. That place woulda exploded if they would've scored... you shoulda heard the groans when Anthony Stewart (I think it was) had a chance at the open net, and couldn't get the shot off...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I only wish they showed it hear it would have been nice and brought more inrest to hockey but stupid ESPN thought showing SUper Bowl 3 was more improtnat sad.

Maybe this will give them some motivation to televise something when Grand Forks hosts it next year.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

USA WINS THE GOLD!! OH YEAH!!

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

and because I thank the Canadians for putting up a good fight.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Canada started to try to run the US into the ground instead of focussing on puck control... Fleury's faux pas is the second dumbest goal in international history... the first being the bank shot off of Tommy Salo's skull in the Olympics

It was an extremely flukey goal, but it wasn't dumb. If Cobourn happens to show up a split-second later, Fleury has made a good play by clearing the puck away from a charging American. It's not Cobourn's fault, really, either, he was at least coming back to play some D... it's just one of those days when you're not meant to win.

This was the Americans' day, congrats to them.

Kinda cool memory though... standing on the main floor of University Centre here at the U of M, crowded around one of several TVs suspended from the ceiling with about 40 other people, watching the game during one of my spares. That place woulda exploded if they would've scored... you shoulda heard the groans when Anthony Stewart (I think it was) had a chance at the open net, and couldn't get the shot off...

by dumb i menat flukey... my god such a great game like this will only be rememebered by that moment kinda dumb

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Congrats to our boys...they had a outstanding tourney.

I must give the Canadian kids there props too,they played a outstanding tournament.And My Word is Dion Phaneuf gonna be a player or what? Maybe Kenny Holland can fleece him from ol Sutter.....not likely lol

Both Countries can hold there heads high

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

The Russians I can take, the Swedes maybe, not not the US! anyone but the US!

It was a fun, exciting contest, but it breaks my heart to see it end like that...Fluery will be haunted nad ridiculed for a long time over this one...The defenceman can't be feeling too good about this either.

All aside, congrats to the USA juniors for a great comeback in the third

Archived