Detroit Tigers Red Hat

jman077

This very well could be the wrong section for this. If so, I'm sorry.

At todays Red Wings game I kept seeing these people with these hats that were quite clearly Tigers hats (they had the cap logo on the front and the script logo in the back middle. And they weren't old Cougars Ds. Didn't have the rounded top right curve of the D. And they definitely had the Tigers Detroit Script logo, just like on their away jerseys.) but, the thing was, they were Red Hats, and both logos were in White, as if they were Red Wings hats. But they were definitely Tigers hats. At any rate, I was wondering where I could find one. I've looked at the MLB store (and, just for kicks, the NHL store), and went to the New Era Store (they had the New Era logo on the side), and made my only search criteria that the hat had to be red, and didn't find them. Anyone who was at today's game probably knows which ones I'm talking about. Any help finding them would be appreciated.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

At todays Red Wings game I kept seeing these people with these hats that were quite clearly Tigers hats (they had the cap logo on the front and the script logo in the back middle. And they weren't old Cougars Ds. Didn't have the rounded top right curve of the D. And they definitely had the Tigers Detroit Script logo, just like on their away jerseys.) but, the thing was, they were Red Hats, and both logos were in White, as if they were Red Wings hats. But they were definitely Tigers hats. At any rate, I was wondering where I could find one. I've looked at the MLB store (and, just for kicks, the NHL store), and went to the New Era Store (they had the New Era logo on the side), and made my only search criteria that the hat had to be red, and didn't find them. Anyone who was at today's game probably knows which ones I'm talking about. Any help finding them would be appreciated.

Not surprising, dude. New Era usually makes MLB baseball caps in the colors of the city's other major sports. There was a thread about them making them in the football team colors. I've actually seen a Philadelphia Phillies cap in Flyers orange and black colors. I see these fashion caps usually sold in urban clothing stores where alot of different colors are offered for MLB teams.

Not surprising, dude. New Era usually makes MLB baseball caps in the colors of the city's other major sports. There was a thread about them making them in the football team colors. I've actually seen a Philadelphia Phillies cap in Flyers orange and black colors. I see these fashion caps usually sold in urban clothing stores where alot of different colors are offered for MLB teams.

It's not even limited to the town's other colors. You can find Tiger caps in any color you can think of, especially here in the D itself. It's just like the rainbow of Yankee and Dodger caps you see everywhere on the street--and in every rap video that's practically indistinguishable from the one that preceded or followed it.

I've looked all season long for the style cap you see Chris Osgood wearing. Its red with the Red Wings version of a white Old English D. The people at the store/stands at The Joe say they get a few in and sell out fast. Is this the cap you are talking about or is it a red cap with a the exact same style "D" as on the Tiger's lids?

Update: I just re-read your post. So it definetely is the Tiger "D". What I want to know then is, where do they sell the "Detroit Cougars" lid with that old school "D"?

I think the tigers should have a navy blue alternate jersey with orange script lettering

I think you're crazy.

I completely agree. The Tigers have among the most perfect jersey packages in all of MLB. Why mess it up with any sort of alternate? Same thing with the Red Wings.

The Lions alternate didn't turn out so bad, although I still perfer the Barry Sanders-era jerseys, and the Pistons reds, well, I don't like them very much. I've gotten used to them, but I'd never buy one.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

The Tigers SHOULD ditch the white trim on their road unis, like the Dodgers did this year.

Names on the back could be navy blue with the script and numbers being navy with orange trim.

The white trim is just awful IMO; ditching it would give the uniform a more gritty yet professional look.

If anyone wants to do a mock-up, feel free.

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

The Tigers SHOULD ditch the white trim on their road unis, like the Dodgers did this year.

Names on the back could be navy blue with the script and numbers being navy with orange trim.

The white trim is just awful IMO; ditching it would give the uniform a more gritty yet professional look.

If they pull it off well, I have no issues with them modifying their away jerseys. But I NEVER want to see anything other than the White Jersey with the Olde English D worn at home. (Which means no alternates. Unless they wore them exclusively on the road. But still no alternates.)

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

If they pull it off well, I have no issues with them modifying their away jerseys. But I NEVER want to see anything other than the White Jersey with the Olde English D worn at home. (Which means no alternates. Unless they wore them exclusively on the road. But still no alternates.)

I'd like to see the Tigers have a grey version of the home uniform for the road...like the 1925 team (and others): 1925 Tigers Grey Road (grey version of the home uni)

The Lions alternate didn't turn out so bad well - in fact, quite possibly the worst mistake the Lions ever made, non-Matt Millen Era Draft Division...

There. All better.

The Lions' black alts are a travesty. Minimizing the single best color in any sport (Honolulu blue) to trim color status is insulting by itself, and it's not even the worst part of the jersey. Black was never needed on the Lions' unis, even as a trim color. It crept on there and broke up the simplicity of the silver and blue; next thing you know, it overran an entire jersey. Blue numbers on black? Ugh. Absolutely unnecessary, absolutely awful to look at. Look what happens when your team sells out for some extra merchandising bucks: they destroy their visual identity and become laughingstocks.

If the people running the Lions would wake up and realize that this alternate stinks as bad as their draft record, and abolished it, Detroit would have almost undeniably the best citywide visual identity among North American cities: Tigers (classic), Red Wings (classic), Lions (just in that 2nd tier below the very finest looks in the NFL... and Honolulu Blue :censored: rocks) and Pistons (the worst of the 4, and they're better than most of the NBA).

Fashion caps are asinine. They are the male equivalent of those hideous pink NFL jerseys they market to women. Wear the team's apparel because you like the team; the colors are the colors, so live with it. A girl wearing Broncos' orange and navy looks much, much better than a girl wearing a pink Jay Cutler gamer, who looks like a tart more concerned with coordinating her outfits than being a fan. Give me the girl who's into sports and will wear garish colors because she's into the team. If you want a cap to match your outfit, get a white cap for your team - they make them for every team - or change your outfit. But if you can't show allegiance for your team without compromising fashion sense at the same time, you're not doing it right.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Lions alternate didn't turn out so bad well - in fact, quite possibly the worst mistake the Lions ever made, non-Matt Millen Era Draft Division...

Detroit would have almost undeniably the best citywide visual identity among North American cities: Tigers (classic), Red Wings (classic), Lions (just in that 2nd tier below the very finest looks in the NFL... and Honolulu Blue :censored: rocks) and Pistons (the worst of the 4, and they're better than most of the NBA).

You know, it's really hard to argue with that. I think the Pistons modern revision of their classic uniform (reds aside) was brilliant. The only black eye (ha ha) is the Lions; and they look terrible. But yes, Detroit is one fabulous looking sports town and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hecticbro, nice to see someone else from the area on the boards (I'm from Vacouver)...but really Detroit over Seattle.....fair enough!

I'm from Detroit, but living in Oregon now. I'm still a big fan of the teams I grew up with, but I try to support the local teams a little too (just the Portland ones though).

I don't think there's anything wrong with fashion caps, especially if you're getting them (as in this case) to represent another team from the same city that wears different colors. If you wear a red Tigers cap this time of year, you're basically showing your allegience to the Wings and Tigers at the same time.

Archived