Joe Morgan compares Massacare to Imus

vikmurphy

First apparently I am in the minority of those that dislike Morgan. But secondly a couple of quick web searches and I have yet to find this quote documented anywhere. Quoted as in word for word, verbatim not just mentioned. Or is this an example of the Fox Noise oft-referenced alleged liberal media machine cover-up.

RobbyBox2.jpg

First apparently I am in the minority of those that dislike Morgan. But secondly a couple of quick web searches and I have yet to find this quote documented anywhere. Quoted as in word for word, verbatim not just mentioned. Or is this an example of the Fox Noise oft-referenced alleged liberal media machine cover-up.

Fox has nothing to do with this. No one is claiming Liberal-Bias. I'm probably one of the biggest Conservatives on here and I don't think he should be fired. Why don't you think before you try and turn this into some Right Wing-Left Wing Bash Off. Maybe your a little Conservative-Biased with this statement.

Fox has nothing to do with this. No one is claiming Liberal-Bias. I'm probably one of the biggest Conservatives on here and I don't think he should be fired. Why don't you think before you try and turn this into some Right Wing-Left Wing Bash Off. Maybe your a little Conservative-Biased with this statement.

Not everything has to have right-left implications, or lead into a right-left argument. I really don't see what Fox has to do with this unless otherwilds was just being sarcastic. or because Morgan is on ESPN. :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

Personally, I am very tired of the left and the right pointing fingers at each other and claiming the "other" side is biased and manipulates the media.

The left is just as bad as the right in this regard, as far as I am concerned.

I haven't seen anything related to Joe Morgan's comments, perhaps they were not as "outrageous" as originally reported? Maybe, we've all realized we should focus on the sorrow of the tragedy and not nit-pick the comments of one baseball analyst.

Free market wins again. It was largely the free market that rose up and got Imus fired. They were just tired of advertising on his show. No advertisers were upset by what Morgan said, so he survives. The system works folks, warts and all.

Do people ever read other people's posts? I think the point about advertisers dictating Imus' firing has been made, I don't know, about 400 billion times on this board, at least 300,000 times in this thread alone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I still think Imus shouldn't have been fired... Fined a million bucks? yeah. Fired? No. That's a little extreme

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

On a side note, this whole Virginia Tech thing really puts the Imus controversy into perspective doesnt it? I mean, I never felt sorry for that attention whore Vivian Stringer in the first place. If she tries any more of this victim-playing publicity stunt nonsense during a time where there is a much more serious situation occuring, Ill be sick. I sympathize a million times more for the Friends and Families of the real victims, innocent people who had their lives taken for no reason in a terrible act, than a bunch of attention and controversy seeking nobodies.

Vivian Stringer and the Rutgers Players handled the Imus affair with more class then anyone especially the two blow hards Sharpton and Jackson. If only everyone handled it like Rutgers did we would be better off.

Class, ok Ill give you that. But, tv appearance after tv appearance, and press conferences? Come on, you mean to tell me after a while, that whole thing wasnt set up for them to play victims?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Do people ever read other people's posts?

What's so terrible about repeating an important post, especially when the flag of "political bias" is raised again?

Also, my point also included the notation that the free market system "worked", and so essentially added an additional comment to the idea that the advertisers brought Imus down. The idea that our system, for all its warts can make good things happen.

In my opinion, I think my post was legible, fair and reasonable and did not to be called out like that. If you feel differently, fine, I understand, but I do read all elements of a thread before commenting.

Here's another tidbit to add, according to this article, some advertisers have already said they would advertise on an Imus show again, if there was a suitable amount of time and distance from the show that just got canned:

http://www.adweek.com/aw/magazine/article_...t_id=1003571775

On a side note, this whole Virginia Tech thing really puts the Imus controversy into perspective doesnt it? I mean, I never felt sorry for that attention whore Vivian Stringer in the first place. If she tries any more of this victim-playing publicity stunt nonsense during a time where there is a much more serious situation occuring, Ill be sick. I sympathize a million times more for the Friends and Families of the real victims, innocent people who had their lives taken for no reason in a terrible act, than a bunch of attention and controversy seeking nobodies.

Vivian Stringer and the Rutgers Players handled the Imus affair with more class then anyone especially the two blow hards Sharpton and Jackson. If only everyone handled it like Rutgers did we would be better off.

Class, ok Ill give you that. But, tv appearance after tv appearance, and press conferences? Come on, you mean to tell me after a while, that whole thing wasnt set up for them to play victims?

maybe its because i haven't watched a lot of tv recently, but i can only think of one tv appearance and one PUBLIC press conference that the team had. I remember that i stopped paying attention because that same press conference was being replayed over and over and over and over...and uh...are you saying that they somehow weren't victims of what Imus said?...don't answer that.

that being said, you can't compare death to words. just can't. The major difference between the two incidents is, the kids at VT aren't going to hold any press conferences about how hurt they were when they died. There will be no closed door meeting with the shooter. There will, however, be much more media coverage, more fear of the "loners", the mentally disturbed and foreigners, and a lowered sense of security at schools across the country.

...did i just defend NJtank?

Archived