Falcons hire jim mora jr.

CrookedThumb

The old man was cool. Maybe not the best coach, but he definately isn't boring.

famous Jim Mora Sr. quotes:

when with the Colts "Playoffs!!, Playoffs??"

when with the Saints "In my opinion that SUCKED" (after a terrible loss at Charlotte, before throwing in the towel and resigning).

he was a hoot... and a good coach, just got stuck with middle to average teams.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The old man was cool. Maybe not the best coach, but he definately isn't boring.

famous Jim Mora Sr. quotes:

when with the Colts "Playoffs!!, Playoffs??"

when with the Saints "In my opinion that SUCKED" (after a terrible loss at Charlotte, before throwing in the towel and resigning).

he was a hoot... and a good coach, just got stuck with middle to average teams.

Jim Mora, Sr. was the greatest football coach ever.  Well, at least as far as the USFL is concerned.

This strikes me as a good appointment. The Falcons needed a defensive mind, and Mora seems to come highly recommended. And its good to see at least one team taking a chance with a young head coach.

Also The Falcons have replaced one son of a former Saints head coach with another. (Wade, son of Bum Phillips to Jim Mora Jnr, son of Jim Mora Snr!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Im shocked I thought they would hire Lovie Smith for sure.

Same here, although I have to say I'm certainly not sad that they didn't.

And has anyone else (esp. you Bay Area guys) heard a rumor to the effect that Jerry Glanville is being considered for the Raiders' job?  I thought he was full-time in NASCAR now . . . . of course I thought that was the case with Joe Gibbs too.

Ok, first off, congrats to Mora.  He should've been the 49ers head coach, instead we get Erickson (who hasn't done anything except get Jimmy Johnson's leftovers at U of Miami, FL for a National Championship.)

Falcons fans, you have a great coach.  He works his butt off, but don't expect him to have some crazy comments after games.  That's not him.  He is a great defensive coach.  He turned around a 49er defense into what will be a gem in the future (if the cheap @$$****s of an owner we have here in SF want to pay for it).  He will let the offense stay the same since that is not best attribute.  

Of course, word is that Mora wants to bring in Greg Knapp, the 49ers offensive coordinator with him.  If that's the case, GET Warrick Dunn as your running back.  Knapp has been criticized by fans and (Terrell Owens) about consistantly running the ball up the middle of the field.  Want to know the reason why the 49ers did "diddly poo" this season?  Here was the 49ers offensive script the whole game as told by everyone at Candlestick this season who was promised a more "wide open" game by Erickson:

1st Down: Run up the middle (1 yard)

2nd Down: Run up the middle (2 yards)

...oh crap 3rd and 7!

3rd Down: Throw to Owens in triple coverage

4th Down: Have a crappy punter kick the ball.

(Sorry venting here.)

For the Falcons sake, Mora don't bring Knapp!

As for the Raiders job...

No report about Glanville talking to the team.  Although, Glanville and the Black Hole would be a perfect fit for each other.  Although, the Raider nation is looking at Greg Knapp to be Al Davis' puppet...er...head coach.

No joy for football by the bay.  Also a prediction...look for the 49ers to possibly move if the Yorks can't demand a new stadium from San Francisco.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Also a prediction...look for the 49ers to possibly move if the Yorks can't demand a new stadium from San Francisco.

The LA 49ers?  That would be quite an irony.

----- awaits the casting of tomatoes, sharp objects and other lethal projectiles from SHB ----

Is there a contingency plan (San Jose?) to keep the team relatively close to SF in the event The City won't pony up?  The Niners need to stay in the Bay Area.

I can't see the 49ers heading out of SF personally. Not that it is impossible but it just doesn't sound right to me.

I suspect the Glanville rumor was probably an internet thing inspired by Gibbs return to Washington. Glanville would be a coaching disaster if he ever returned to football.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nah, wasn't even an internet rumor, just something one of the guys at my club was talking about today.  He heard it from a guy in Florida.  But you never know until you ask.

Archived