Houston Dynamo / maroon VT tribute kits

gpbellamy

I get the feeling that these shirts were somewhat on the drawing board for new Dynamo colors; otherwise, how can a photo of this shirt be released so quickly, and how can an entire team be outfitted in 11 days? Unless they got jerseys from the local Dick's Sporting Goods ...

I get the feeling that these shirts were somewhat on the drawing board for new Dynamo colors; otherwise, how can a photo of this shirt be released so quickly, and how can an entire team be outfitted in 11 days? Unless they got jerseys from the local Dick's Sporting Goods ...

1. When it comes to the pic, there is a program called Photoshop, Illustrator, or something like that to make a mock-up.

2. The MLS and Adidas heavily tied together, one phone call and Adidas can throw together a team set in a day or so.

The pic is photoshopped. (and badly at that)

My gut feeling is those are leftover from the league's stock of all star jerseys from last year.

I could be wrong, but the red looks the same and the template is the same as last year's ASG. That template is not being worn in MLS this season (well, prior to this announcement).

In any case, the intention is good.

patriotssignature.png

yeah shouldnt the white be gold and the red be darker?

secondly, not to sound calous, but...

the miticulous planning of such 'tributes' is starting to feel less like heartfelt support

and smack more and more of shameless corporate co-opting of others grief.

dont get me wrong, i get it. but i cant help but start to feel a little uneasy about somewhat faceless organisations rather than individuals (and players) paying tribute on unashamedly public platforms.

like i say, this is not an opinion meant to detract from the shock and sadness of a situation like this,

but merely to question what i see as possibly disingenuous marketers pullng at our heart strings

by attaching themselves to noble (and in this case charitable) ideas.

just one man voicing his thoughts, not meant to offend.

As of this post, the total for the auction of these jerseys so far is over $5000, with Brian Ching's jersey at $1000. Plus there's still five days left in the auction.

Auction Link

Keep in mind 100% of this will go to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund.

Archived