BoSox hit four straight home runs, sweep Yankees

bmoullas

I remember seeing back-to-back-to-back homers for the Cubbies one game at Wrigley in 2003.

And as amazing as that was, I can't even imagine what it was like to see 4-in-a-row!

Plus, it helped them come from beind to win, sweeping the Yankees at Fenway for the first time in like 15 years or so.

and three days to complete a sweep of the New York Yankees.

Tim McCarver? Is that you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you saw any portion of the game after the 3rd inning you'd know, becaue John Miller would not shut up about it. He had to tell about the time it happened last year with the Dodgers. About the last time it happened in AL. About how the Sox once hit 3 in a row and how he was the announcer in that game. About how Terrry Francona's dad was a part of the 4-in-a-row in the AL and how it was the only other time all 4 homers were off the same pitcher. How JD Drew was a part of the 4-in-a-row with the Didgers.

Of course, Joe Morgan added his expert commentary by constantly repeating that he had never seen 4-in-a-row before.

Considering it was in the heat of a pennant race, against Trevor Hoffman...I'd say that was a bigger accomplishment.

Trevor Hoffman? the guy who proved to be a batting tee in the all star game last year?

both accomplishments are the same.

That was only one game. Besides, think about it, what's better, hitting 4 straight in the 3rd inning of a game in APRIL, against a mediocre starting pitcher, or hitting 4 straight in the bottom of the 9th, in SEPTEMBER during the pennant race, 2 of which came against a future Hall-of-Fame closer? I still think those four home runs were bigger home runs than these four. If this were a Devil Rays-Orioles game, would there really be much hullabaloo? No. This is only a huge deal because it's Yanks-Sox. Other than the two teams involved, this really isn't that huge of a deal compared to last year's feat.

...and I'm not just saying this as a Dodger fan. If this had happened to someone else, it still would have been a big deal.

espnsig.gif

Considering it was in the heat of a pennant race, against Trevor Hoffman...I'd say that was a bigger accomplishment.

Trevor Hoffman? the guy who proved to be a batting tee in the all star game last year?

both accomplishments are the same.

That was only one game. Besides, think about it, what's better, hitting 4 straight in the 3rd inning of a game in APRIL, against a mediocre starting pitcher, or hitting 4 straight in the bottom of the 9th, in SEPTEMBER during the pennant race, 2 of which came against a future Hall-of-Fame closer? I still think those four home runs were bigger home runs than these four. If this were a Devil Rays-Orioles game, would there really be much hullabaloo? No. This is only a huge deal because it's Yanks-Sox. Other than the two teams involved, this really isn't that huge of a deal compared to last year's feat.

...and I'm not just saying this as a Dodger fan. If this had happened to someone else, it still would have been a big deal.

Pennant Races started on Opening Day. I think the most obnoxious statement used in baseball is.. "WELL IT'S ONLY APRIL!" These games count just as much as they do in September. I mean if these games "don't really mean anything" why don't we just extend Spring Training until June, and then start Summer Training from July to August, AND THEN start a 30 game season on September 1st. You win more now you won't be pressured into a heated race come September. A win counts as a win whether it's snowing or 90 degrees. If you're a true baseball fan than you'd realize this instead of getting your panties in an uproar trying to defend your sub-par 2006 Dodgers. Trust me, this sweep over the Yankees is as satisfying now as it would be in August or September. Also, it's not really a big deal at all... it was four homeruns in a row, pretty damn cool.

That's my opinion as well.

How do you even get considered for the playoff race?

Win in April, May, June, July, and August. Can't take a month off, or you'll end up like the Braves did last year.

But back to the topic...4-in-a-row is 4-in-a-row and it's freaking amazing. What's even more shocking was that Big Papi wasn't one of the guys hitting it. That was the real shock for me.

Archived