WHO? MIKE JONES! WHO? MIKE JONES! WHO?

Eye

What's goin' down here is part 9 of the Hip Hop Hockey League. But before that, here are teams that are completed so far:

N.W.A

P$C

Stones Throw Records

Onyx

Black Eyed Peas

Flipsyde

Dipset

Jurassic 5

Introduction: Mike Jones hails from the Houston, Texas area. First, he was affiliated with record label Swishahouse, then left and formed his own label, Ice Age Entertainment. Jones' debut album, "Who Is Mike Jones" was released in 2005 followed by his second album, "The American Dream" in 2007. Jones has gained notoriety for his constant repetition of his name in his songs. MIKE JONES! WHO! MIKE JONES! WHO? MIKE JONES! Another gimmick of Jones' is his shouting of his cell phone number, 281-330-8004. Jones also has an AOL screen name, WHO2813308004.

The home uniform: Kelly green, "School Bus" yellow, black, and white are the prominent colors for Mike Jones ice hockey. Home threads are green, names, and numbers are yellow, outlined in black. Domes and socks are green. Pants are black and gloves are kelly green and "School Bus" yellow. Sleeves are black with a white outline, containing green numbers outlined in yellow. Striping pattern on the front and back of the jersey is a road. Specifically a black road with SB yellow paint on it, signifying each lane with white outlining the black. The socks have a striping pattern similar to that of another road. Now the roads here in NJ, I've noticed (at least the local roads) have two long yellow lines, as opposed to the short, rectangular lines used to separate lanes on the Parkway, Turnpike, etc. (the lines on the Parkway and Turnpike are white, but SB yellow flowed more and is a main color for Mike Jones hockey. So it may not be accurate in terms of roads in NJ, but it doesn't have to be, as there probably are roads elsewhere with lanes in the color I used.) Now, the crest. Well, I couldn't find the Ice Age Entertainment logo, and I am not going to create a crest for them (unlike N.W.A's alternate logo, which I made) so I went with the car on the album cover from Mike Jones' single, "Mr. Jones". I redrew the car to make it fit this concept, and gave it a white outline. Now, I know the car I drew is slightly different from the one on Jones' album cover, but for the most part, it is the same. Only small portions are changed, for example the license plate is slightly different from Jones' album cover. Well, the car is on the left side of the jersey sort of has that Wild Wing Mighty Ducks of Anaheim feel to it, just without the excessive amounts of teal and other crappy details.

Away Uniform: Colors are switched around in order to make white the main color here.

Away Alternate Uniform: Colors are switched around in order to make SB yellow the main color here. Sort of reminds me of the Lakers in that it is a color similar to there's, while the other team can still wear their dark uniform since SB yellow is light enough.

Miscellaneous: Mike Jones was born in 1981, hence the usage of number 81.

My inspiration for the crest:

MikeJonesMrJones.jpg

Primary uniforms:

MikeJonesPrimarythreads.png

Alternate uniform:

MikeJonesalternatethread.png

C & C is appreciated. Though I am not completely sold on Mike Jones Ice Hockey, I think it turned out ok. However, I think it could be better. I wanted to go with Ice Age Entertainment, but like I said, I couldn't find the logo. I don't know where to go on this concept. C & C is appreciated though, so bring it if you wish. Thank you.

-E.A.R.

I was hopin you would do the whole Swishahouse stable, but oh well. Nice job on these.

Fingers are crossed Big Tymers or Hot Boys are next.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Very nice. Stay flossin' on these.

Thanks, Cappital.

I was hopin you would do the whole Swishahouse stable, but oh well. Nice job on these.

Fingers are crossed Big Tymers or Hot Boys are next.

Jones left Swishahouse in 2005 though. I didn't realize he just went back to them until now, but Swishahouse distributes Jones albums produced by Ice Age Entertainment. Heck, add Swishahouse as another team I have to do. I am going to do them now. I have to now since I did Jones, so expect it soon.

Nice. If you must have any more C+C hit me up at 281-330-8004. Ight?

Let me bust out my phone. <ring ring, ring ring>... :D Thanks for the comments, all.

-E.A.R.

i woulda did swisha house before mike jones

do some real hip hop not that new stuff

how bout a tribe called quest or epmd or de la soul, WU TANGGGGGGGGG

I've done A Tribe Called Quest and Wu-Tang. It's just a matter of me unveiling them. Be patient, they will come. No worries.

-E.A.R.

i am very surprised you used #81, not his cell phone number. you could have wrapped it all the way around him or something. The roads are a little skinny here, and could stand to be wider. I'm not really feeling the car on the front, why not that Mike Jones script from the album cover? I like the color choices though, they are working. I dont think this concept says Mike Jones to me, but he does that enough so the concept doesnt hafta...I guess Swishahouse or Ice Age Ent. would have been better, but I understand your reasons for not doing those. keep it up.

p.s. I never saw your J-5 concept before, how did i miss that? Looked good.

I think I'll give Mike Jones ice hockey another try. That, on top of me doing Swishahouse will make two more concepts to come very soon. Thanks for the C & C folks. Even when I was doing this, towards the end I wasn't completely feelin' this concept, but I'd post it anyway. Mike Jones v 2.0 will be coming soon...

-E.A.R.

• 3 months later...

I went back and redid Mike Jones hockey because my previous set looked like crap (well not really, but it wasn't the best in the HHHL or anything like that.) First, gloves, helmets, and pants are the same. Mike Jones' uniform number is his phone number, 281-3308-004. In fact, I called it the other day because my brother did not believe that it is actually Jones' number. I got a "this number has been disconnected" message. Jones says that his phone number works, but it is extrememly busy. Ahhh, whatever. That must be one helluva phone bill. :D

281-330 is on the right sleeve, and 8004 is on the left sleeve.

Ok, so I ended up drawing the other side of the "car logo" found on the cover of the single "Mr. Jones". It took me a while, but I finally figured it out and got it. I copied half of the car, then (this took a while) cleaned up a lot of the parts to make it symmetrical, then made very subtle gradients in the car lights to show the shadowing (as you can see, the light on the left side, the car's right, is light gray, with the light on the car's left side going from light gray/gray/dark gray. Oh yeah, and obviously I've continued with the car theme here with the jersey striping. I know you guys will figure that part out. B)

I think these came out much better than my previous set. C & C is always appreciated. Thanks.

Primary uniforms:

zzzJoneszzz.png

Alternate uniform:

zzzJoneszzz2.png

Archived