Toronto Maple Leafs - 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!

Neon_Matrix

Ok, maybe in reality this won't come true, but thanks to Mike Myers, he will make sure that we all can witness them win in our lifetime, even if its only in a movie.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hear...ly_win_the_cup/

Leafs Finally Win The Cup!!

No, hell hasn't frozen over just yet.... but thanks to Canadian comic, and Leaf fan, Mike Myers, the 40-year Cup jinx will end soon in theatres.

As reported in Friday's Toronto Sun, Myers was on Live With Regis And Kelly Thursday and said that part of the plot of his upcoming comedy Love Guru is about ending the Maple Leafs 40-year Cup jinx.

Myers plays an American boy raised in an Indian ashram, who returns to the west to help the unfortunate, through mind and body.

That includes getting hired by the Leafs.

"I figure the only way that my team will win a Cup is if I write it," Myers said during the TV appearance to promote the third Shrek movie.

Leafs' defenceman Wade Belak was thrilled as well.

"Is Mike looking for a co-star?" said Belak, who has acting experience. "Maybe I can play the part of Mats Sundin."

I, along with many other Leafs fans will most likely dash out to buy it when it is released on DVD in order to watch the win over and over again because lets face it, this is the only way any of us will ever get to see them hoist the cup. :P

Yes I know this probably belongs more in the Lounge... but I thought since it IS hockey related that it could be in here...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well, the Curse of Harold Ballard (and I'm convinced it is one, now) has reached the 40-year mark. Anything that'll help get the Leafs closer to the Cup - without visiting the Hockey Hall of Fame nearby - will help the Nation.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

This reminds me of the Sabres winning in Bruce Almighty and in Austin Powers 3 when during a newscast on the bottom it was announced that the Leafs won the cup and that Toronto was voted the best city in the world.

I am going to see this movie when it comes out. There hasn't been a hockey movie since Miracle that I went to in theaters.

Also the NHL is supposedly very leinent with giving rights for movies. I read in the NY Times that there is also a movie about a gay Maple Leafs player.

This reminds me of the Sabres winning in Bruce Almighty and in Austin Powers 3 when during a newscast on the bottom it was announced that the Leafs won the cup and that Toronto was voted the best city in the world.

I am going to see this movie when it comes out. There hasn't been a hockey movie since Miracle that I went to in theaters.

Also the NHL is supposedly very leinent with giving rights for movies. I read in the NY Times that there is also a movie about a gay Maple Leafs player.

Yah, its called "Breakfest with Scot" and is staring the guy from "Ed"... Thomas Cavanagh.

Here is the IMDB page and description for it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910847/

This is a fantastic script - hilarious with heart. Ed and Sam have been in a committed relationship for four years. Ed's a former hockey player turned sportscaster and Sam's a sport's lawyer. But when Sam's adventure seeking brother Billy, takes a job in South America, his ex-girlfriend, Julie, is discovered dead from a drug overdose leaving her son Scot (not Billy's son) to Billy. But Billy is missing in action so Sam is left to pick up the pieces. But the problem is Ed never wanted kids. When 11 year old Scot arrives and they open his duffle bag, inside they find... one pink musical hairbrush, two plastic containers of beads and faux-gold chains, a pink poodle belt, and four pairs of white sock-ettes with lacy fringe at the top... they realize Scot is more out of the closet then they are even though he does not know it yet. A unique boy in an even more unusual situation, Scot throws Ed and Sam's life into complete disarray. When Billy finally show's up to take Scot back to South America - Ed and Sam can't bear the thought of losing Scot. In the spirit of ABOUT A BOY, BILLY ELLIOT and MA VIE EN ROSE, BREAKFAST WITH SCOT explores what it truly means to be a family, hilariously contrasting familial stereotypes with the realities of family life and showing how it feels to be a boy who doesn't quite fit into the role society has prepared for him. Written by Anon

BTW, I can see the Stanley Cup, both the "presentation" and/or "residential" every lunch break if I so please. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It also reminds me of Rookie of the Year with the Cubs winning the World Series.....

I saw, I came, I left.

It also reminds me of Rookie of the Year with the Cubs winning the World Series.....

How about when the Red Sox won the World Series at the end of Fever Pitch... oh wait...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

How about when the Red Sox won the World Series at the end of Fever Pitch... oh wait...

If I remember correctly, the Red Sox were supposed to lose again at the end of Fever Pitch and they ended up rewriting the script after they won the World Series.

IUe6Hvh.png

If I remember correctly, the Red Sox were supposed to lose again at the end of Fever Pitch and they ended up rewriting the script after they won the World Series.

Acutally, it was during the World Series.

You could tell too... the whole ending of that movie was so rushed.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived