Pittsburgh Penguins Uniform Concept

AsM29

**UPDATED WITH ALTERNATE UNIFORMS**

Well here's my 5th attempt at a concept. Like all of my concepts I dont really have anything to explain because I simply just "go at it" without thinking of the signifigance of the elements. The home uniforms will follow.

C&C welcome as always!!

PenguinsHome-1.png

PenguinsAway-1.png

Picture1-3.png

Very solid all around. I see no real flaws in this concept. Except maybe make the shoulder numbers white for legibility at distance issues.

Very solid. I'd like to see a dark uniform very much. Now "go at it" :)

Untitled-1.png

Two things--well, really, three:

1) I ain't the biggest hockey fan, so I may have just never noticed it, but hockey helmets have team logos on them? Again, I have no clue because, well, I don't really pay that close attention to them.

2) You may or may not catch some flak from Penguin fans about no using their style of jersey numbers. Try going to that (since I believe their #s are unique to them in the NHL) and see what that'll look like.

3) This is really splitting hairs, but did you make an attempt at trying this using Pittsburgh gold? I'm sure some folks might like to see that.

Aside from all that, this is real good, solid, clean execution. I see no real problems with this at all. Nice!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In response to Bucco_B

1) Yeah hockey helmets have team logos on them.

2) I wasn't aware that their number font had any signifigance and didn't really like the look of it so I decided to change them. If thats true about their font I would have no problem changing them back.

3) It might just be me but I actually like the colors they use now. Simply because they are unique.. Noone else uses that shade of gold so I guess it just appeals to me.

Also I use the number 29 and either the team name or city name in all of my concepts. Even though the penguins have a current 29, I just wanted to stay consistent.

In response to Bucco_B

1) Yeah hockey helmets have team logos on them.

2) I wasn't aware that their number font had any signifigance and didn't really like the look of it so I decided to change them. If thats true about their font I would have no problem changing them back.

3) It might just be me but I actually like the colors they use now. Simply because they are unique.. Noone else uses that shade of gold so I guess it just appeals to me.

Also I use the number 29 and either the team name or city name in all of my concepts. Even though the penguins have a current 29, I just wanted to stay consistent.

Got it. Still a good--no, REALLY good-concept idea.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2) You may or may not catch some flak from Penguin fans about no using their style of jersey numbers. Try going to that (since I believe their #s are unique to them in the NHL) and see what that'll look like.

The Islanders used to use that same font, but when they went back to the glory days after the Fish Sticks Era came and went, they scrapped that font. So it's all Pittsburgh's... at this point.

As for the concept - pretty nice all around. The nameplate and player name may need to be a little larger. And yeah... if that's all I've got for you to change, then I am definitely reaching. Anything else is personal preference (like going with athletic gold over Vegas gold).

Really good stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Fleury changed his name to "Pittsburgh"?

Serioulsy, though: THis concept has the PIttsburgh fan seal of approval.

As a Penguins fan for the past 20+ years, i gotta say...i love these jerseys, i'd buy more than a few.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Just added the alternates! Tell me what you think..

I really like this. I'd like to see an alternate in gold instead of black, however. I think it would be cool and totally different from anything else in the league.

This is the first Penguins concept I've seen on this board that hasn't made me punch my monitor out of sheer frustration. Thank you for not insisting on bringing back the ugly yellow and keeping the awesome Vegas gold.

As a lifelong Pens fan, I'd be first in line to pick one of these up. Great work.

Archived