Redbirds rough draft

vicfurth

Basically, I'm working on a new Memphis Redbirds ID package and am stuck. Got some helpful advice yesterday, but I'm not quite sure how to use it, so I'm asking for more help.

redbirdslogo.gif

I have a coupla ideas of what to fix, but still need help.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'd make the bird longer. Have the head and tail extend outside of te baseball, sort of like what the Marlins do.

Make the tallons extend like they do in the St. Louis Cardinals logo. The bird also looks like it ate some rice and is about to explode, just try to stretch the bird out, like what I said in the first couple of sentences.

Overall though I like the idea you have, and I know you are trying to make it look less like the St. Louis, and Springfield Cardinals. But Keep at it, it looks nice so far.

maybe make the tail one whole blue shape, like squared off, with the red sections inside that. i would shorten the tail a little bit, not a lot. the eye and beak both bother me, but not greatly. maybe this could benefit from adding a darker red for shading inside the red shape? like under the birds belly and under the thing on the top of the head. maybe you could also change the wind so that the diagonal lines don't go all the way to the edge of the wing up by the head.

just some ideas to try, and by the way, I didn't even notice the talons on the bird until this far into my reply, so maybe those need to be more prominent.

2nd Draft

redbirdslogo2.gif

I changed a lot on it. Honestly nothing on this logo went untouched this time, except maybe wing size. The most noticable changes are probably beak and legs.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

3rd draft is muuuch improved over the 2nd. I was about to say to get rid of the white outline, but you're ahead of me there. Still, I'd make the talons actually look like they are grabbing onto the laces, not just over the laces. Other than that, I guess just make the bird look a little thinner/sleeker.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived