Legal terms

pagan696

"You can make fun of the fact that you cannot say 'Superbowl' ie, bleeping out the word Superbowl." now thats an interesting line!

"Sir these tickets are fake, they appear to be printed on some sort of cracker..." (Homer goes to the *Beep* with Bart and all the guys in Springfield)

LOL on the next episode of OZ

Neo Nazi: What are in you for prag?

Inmate 70956: um um um um

Black guy in wheelchair: Inmate 70956 James Johnson saying the word Super Bowl with out the NFL's permiSSIOn sentanced Februar 2nd 2004, serving 8 years up for paole in 5.

Johnson: Saying Super Bowl

All the Convicts Laughing

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

sorta on topic... there's a radio commercial i heard a lot when in florida from a video rental store where the line was something like:

"You're not the biggest guy on my block, buster!"

Obviously a shot at Blockbuster, clever I thought

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You'll hear "The Big Game in Houston" a lot in commercials around this time of year. When I worked in the advertising dept of a supermarket, we were only allowed to use the words "SuperBowl" when it we were showing officially endorsed products, like FritoLay, Pepsi and Budweiser. I got a lot of NFL stuff from FritoLay for use in our ads, but we designed the ads 3-4 weeks in advance, so we couldn't use the team logos because we had no idea who'd play in the game.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Can you imagine if newspapers had to adhere to these standards?

"HOUSTON (AP) -- Donovan McNabb, quarterback for the Philadelphia franchise of the predominate professional football league, was at media day of The Professional Football Championship Game in Houston, espousing the virtues of the Indianapolis' franchise's stout offensive firepower.

"Man, I wish I had Peyton Manning's arm," said McNabb, whose Philadelphia franchise will take on the Indianapolis franchise in the thirty-eighth Big Game at the newer, retractable dome stadium in Houston, Texas.

The Philadelphia franchise, which defeated the Carolina franchise in the first Conference Championship Game played last Sunday to advance to The Professional Football Championship Game, is a 5 point favorite over the Indianapolis franchise, which defeated the New England franchise in the second Conference Championship Game played last Sunday."

:P

nav-logo.png

sorta on topic... there's a radio commercial i heard a lot when in florida from a video rental store where the line was something like:

"You're not the biggest guy on my block, buster!"

Obviously a shot at Blockbuster, clever I thought

Wasnt blockbuster started by like a 9 year old kid.  Hes a bigger wunderkind than creamer   :o

I think most professional sports events would have fairky similar regulations to this to protect those who have paid big bucks for the right to have there names assiociated with the event. In fact on this board I think we discussed regulations reagarding the use of team names in broadcasts at some point?????

And the broadcasting regulations are fairly standard as well, as much as anything to protect the systemn of press accreditation, so the NFL or whoever can keep a track of who is allowed to report the game.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

For some reason this policy reminds me of the scene in The Life of Brian where the old guy is pelted with stones for saying the name Jehovah.  I can just see some smartass going on TV, dancing around and saying "Super Bowl,  Super Bowl, Super Bowl!"  even though he did not have the NFL's blessing.

Archived