Band Logo

cleckie

I designed this logo for a local band. They are a alternative rock band planning a cross Canada summer tour and just got back from Thailand where they had some successful shows.

I'm looking for some feedback before I present it to the band members.

Thanks in advance.

courtyard-logo.jpg

I like it! Reminds me a bit of AFI: decemberunderground. Is the "T" also supposed to resemble a cross? Because it is executed well, it that was the case.

My only minor complaint would be that the top serif on the "C" is a bit long. I understand that is the look of your word-mark, it seems a bit too long though.

I like it! Reminds me a bit of AFI: decemberunderground. Is the "T" also supposed to resemble a cross? Because it is executed well, it that was the case.

My only minor complaint would be that the top serif on the "C" is a bit long. I understand that is the look of your word-mark, it seems a bit too long though.

The "t" cross was intentional. The band started off as a Christian rock group but are now slowly trying to move to a more secular sound.

Is this a logo for a band or a hotel chain?

For some reason this reminds me of both Doubletree Hotels old logo and that of Court Yard Hotels. The name doesn't help matters either, but that can't be helped.

---------------------------

I do like the white on black version of the logo better as it reminds me of the crest used by the city of Minas Tirith in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I would suggest exaggerating the tree branches even further and adding some gnarled roots extending outward from the bottom of the tree extending from the "T" in the word mark.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

For some reason this reminds me of both Doubletree Hotels old logo and that of Court Yard Hotels. The name doesn't help matters either, but that can't be helped.

I don't see it...

logo-marriott-gross.gif

Doubletree-Logo-SP.jpg

Other than the name the logo itself looks nothing like the hotels.

Great job cleckie, like everyone said, adjust the serifs and I think it's perfect!

I don't see it...

logo-marriott-gross.gif

Doubletree-Logo-SP.jpg

Great job cleckie, like everyone said, adjust the serifs and I think it's perfect!

Look up the older logos. <_<

I'm not arguing there was wasn't good effort put into this, but it still needs something more to help it stand out as the band's brand instead of the association already established by another industry using the same brand name and/or elements.

Besides, I imagine the band's ultimate goal is to become something greater than it already is, and I should think they would appreciate something that will ultimately lead to that goal.

The purpose of this thread was to hear all possible angles on how this work might be taken, wasn't it? Or is it to simply mount praise for said effort?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I don't see it...

logo-marriott-gross.gif

Doubletree-Logo-SP.jpg

Look up the older logos. <_<

I'm not arguing there was wasn't good effort put into this, but it still needs something more to help it stand out as the band's brand instead of the association already established by another industry using the same brand name and/or elements.

Besides, I imagine the band's ultimate goal is to become something greater than it already is, and I should think they would appreciate something that will ultimately lead to that goal.

The purpose of this thread was to hear all possible angles on how this work might be taken, wasn't it? Or is it to simply mount praise for said effort?

1) You did not say their older logos, and didn't post what they look like for reference

2) You went the tree direction with your suggestions, what other possible angles could he have gone?

I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but when I think Double Tree and Courtyard that's what I picture. Yes the name is the same as a chain of hotels, but that doesn't mean it's going to instantly be associated with them. I like what he's got. If the tree doesn't work, then possibly a set of gates? or maybe a fountain? That's what I think of when I see the name Courtyard.

You know what it does kind of remind me of though

six%20feet%20under.jpeg

Except with no leaves on the tree, but still a very effective design.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll work on tweaking the logo based on your suggestions. The band loves it so I guess job one is done!

The band has contracted me to do their CD booklet/cover and I will get a basket of promotional items with my work on it, t-shirts, stickers, buttons... etc. etc. Which I find a little more rewarding than the money sometimes.

Thanks again, I hope to post the tweaks soon.

It's kinda confusing the way you have the top serifs going in both directions, and the bottom all going in one direction. I'd have the top serifs all going to the left with the bottom as is. Possibly get rid of the "T" altogether, or shape the tree like a "T".

Kinda like this:

courtyard.gif

Archived