Hamilton Predators

Hi,

According to the great website sportsecyclopedia.com, the name and logo was meant to pay tribute to the fossils found in May 1971 when construction workers were busy working on the Nashville First American Center came across the bones of a saber-toothed tiger, extinct for over 10,000 years.

The saber-toothed is part of Nashville history. It has nothing to do with Hamilton. I think they should have a name and a logo representing the heart and soul of that city.

Now, I don't know much about Hamilton but according to wikepedia, the steel industry is slowly going down so maybe that subject wouldn't be a good idea anymore.

I like the Tigers as a tribute to the old Hamilton Tigers Hockey Club. The colors should be black, white and yellow (surely, an overused color set in sports)... But then, it would be close to the TigerCats already used by the Canadian Football team....

Anyway, no matter what the name and logo would be, IT WOULD BE DAMN GOOD TO SEE A HOCKEY TEAM COMING BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS,CANADA.. :flagcanada:

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Oh lord. Keep on dreamin'

Ole Balsillie might really have screwed himself with the "Hamilton Predators" on ticketmaster, and could be in legal trouble! I love it!

Oh really, because this article seems to say otherwise.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ortsHockey/home

Ole Balsillie might really have screwed himself with the "Hamilton Predators" on ticketmaster, and could be in legal trouble! I love it!

Without going to that link, I would assume it's from a Canadian newspaper...ergo, it's very biased. From the reports we've received from the NHL offices as well as otehr media reports, the members of the BoG are quite pissed. One even went so far as to call Balsillie a "clown". You also forget, the NHL does not allow owners to break leases and move teams, which is exactly what he would have to do.

Without going to that link, I would assume it's from a Canadian newspaper...ergo, it's very biased. From the reports we've received from the NHL offices as well as otehr media reports, the members of the BoG are quite pissed. One even went so far as to call Balsillie a "clown". You also forget, the NHL does not allow owners to break leases and move teams, which is exactly what he would have to do.

Click the link, it's stating that in one day the deposits for Hamilton Predators season tickets surpassed the number of season ticket subscribers in Nashville.

Sorry, but your market just isn't interested in NHL hockey enough to justify keeping the team there.

The BoG can whine all they want, in the end it comes down to money. Basille has more of that then the Pope, and sales of Hamilton ticket deposits show that Hamilton is more of a hockey market then Nashville ever will be. In the end money and ticket sales talk, and that will override any feelings of resentment felt toward Jim Basille.

Just remember, if the Preds could manage more then 23rd in overall attendance during a fantastic season, we wouldn't be having this conversation. In short, you as a Nashville hockey fan, are in a small minority. If more people were as passionate as you are the future of NHL hockey in Nashville wouldn't be in doubt. Unfortunately for you, your market hasn't shown enough interest to make the team profitable.

An other team in southern Ontario, however, they'd draw sell-out just for showing up come game time.

Click the link, it's stating that in one day the deposits for Hamilton Predators season tickets surpassed the number of season ticket subscribers in Nashville.

Sorry, but your market just isn't interested in NHL hockey enough to justify keeping the team there.

The BoG can whine all they want, in the end it comes down to money. Basille has more of that then the Pope, and sales of Hamilton ticket deposits show that Hamilton is more of a hockey market then Nashville ever will be. In the end money and ticket sales talk, and that will override any feelings of resentment felt toward Jim Basille.

Just remember, if the Preds could manage more then 23rd in overall attendance during a fantastic season, we wouldn't be having this conversation. In short, you as a Nashville hockey fan, are in a small minority. If more people were as passionate as you are the future of NHL hockey in Nashville wouldn't be in doubt. Unfortunately for you, your market hasn't shown enough interest to make the team profitable.

An other team in southern Ontario, however, they'd draw sell-out just for showing up come game time.

The team IS profitable. Leipold has been whining about the money he's lost "from the team"...however, he has made a boatload of money off of Powers Mgt, which runs the arena...makes money off of ALL events run in the arena. I'm sorry, but your little RIM lovin friend would not spend THAT much of a premium for a team that's losing money with NO guarantee the nHL will allow the team to move.

Since you enjoy posting articles, I figured I would as well.

Preds Article

Archived