U.S. Women to wear gold jerseys for World Cup

illini1

This reeked of arrogance when Team Canada hockey did it a year or two ago, and it reeks of arrogance now for Team USA.

Those weren't gold, that was the brown and black the Winnipeg Falcons amateur team wore back in 1920. They were so good they were sent to international competition; the NHL teams could not play in IIHF events. Note that a maple leaf was added to the existing uniform for international play.

It's kind of like the years when the Raybestos Brakettes were sent to the World Softball Championships to be Team USA; there was no open selection for an all-star team back then.

The USA and Canada were allowed to wear throwbacks for the World Cup of Hockey; the US went back to 1932

This reeked of arrogance when Team Canada hockey did it a year or two ago, and it reeks of arrogance now for Team USA.

Those weren't gold, that was the brown and black the Winnipeg Falcons amateur team wore back in 1920. They were so good they were sent to international competition; the NHL teams could not play in IIHF events. Note that a maple leaf was added to the existing uniform for international play.

It's kind of like the years when the Raybestos Brakettes were sent to the World Softball Championships to be Team USA; there was no open selection for an all-star team back then.

The USA and Canada were allowed to wear throwbacks for the World Cup of Hockey; the US went back to 1932

I know all about the Winnipeg Falcons throwbacks, I wasn't talking about those. I was talking about the slight gold outlines they added to the maple leaf logos.

I'm confused why people keep mentioning the words 'arrogance' and 'cocky'. Whats so arrogant and cocky about it? I can see maybe if the team was bad and never won anything, but c'mon now they are pretty damn good. That being said, why do people think that the gold has to do with arrogance? Maybe its just a color that makes them look a little different from everyone else....or....maybe its something to unify the team together...or....maybe they just wanted to have gold because its not too common in US Team sport to wear that color.

In the end, who cares? I stilll think the jersey looks bad regardless of why they did it.

I'm confused why people keep mentioning the words 'arrogance' and 'cocky'. Whats so arrogant and cocky about it? I can see maybe if the team was bad and never won anything, but c'mon now they are pretty damn good. That being said, why do people think that the gold has to do with arrogance? Maybe its just a color that makes them look a little different from everyone else....or....maybe its something to unify the team together...or....maybe they just wanted to have gold because its not too common in US Team sport to wear that color.

In the end, who cares? I stilll think the jersey looks bad regardless of why they did it.

Gold is associated with winning, eg. gold medal.

The thing is, in this case, I think the use of gold is not so much arrogant than it is to inspire the team. After all, the US is NOT the defending champions of this tournament, Germany is. Also, I didn't have much of a problem with Canada using gold as an outline for the hockey teams logo on the jersey. Soccer teams wear patches to show their success. Is that not arrogant?

I happen to like gold jerseys. I probably should have gotten myself this kit when I had the chance.

ManUtdCentSS0102c.jpg

As for the US women's kits, the sleeve stripping were unnecessary and they're not even straight stripes. The outer colours start to widen at the end of the sleeve.

I saw, I came, I left.

I know all about the Winnipeg Falcons throwbacks, I wasn't talking about those. I was talking about the slight gold outlines they added to the maple leaf logos.

My bad.

Besides, the gold outlines look kinda cool.

I like it, though the sleeve striping throws me off a little, the way they arranged it. That aint arrogant at all...cus then you'd have to call the Serie A champ wearing the scudetto arrogant too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 month later...

Or.....

d_two_the_mighty_ducks.jpg

:P

Archived