NHL sigs, v3.1

Viper

You may recall that some time before the playoffs, I posted my most recent NHL sig set. These were my first sigs using my current v3.0 sig template. I got some feedback from it, and tweaked the design a bit based on that feedback for my subsequent sig sets, but decided to hold off on redoing the NHL set itself until after the new Capitals logo and old/new color scheme was unveiled.

Well, now that that's happened, here is the updated set, starting with the double-sized sig honoring this past season's champions, the Anaheim Ducks:

nhlanaheimchampsbn6.png

Note that this is slightly different from the sig I posted the night the Ducks won the Cup. It used to say "2006-07 NHL Champions" across the bottom because "2006-07 Stanley Cup Champions" wouldn't fit using that font size. I discovered that I could reduce the font size by one point and squeeze it in, and it is still legible, so that's what I did.

And now here are the regular sigs. The v3.0 sigs had the location names right-justified and the nicknames left-justified, with the mini-NHL logo in the lower right. For the v3.1 sigs I centered both parts of the team name and got rid of the NHL logo (you could barely make it out anyway). The logos and colors are based upon the latest information I have about each team's look for the 2007-08 season. Generally I use the team's dark-jersey color for the top and bottom panels, and the secondary color for the logo border.

I'll start with my team's division, the Northwest:

nhlcalgarymk1.pngnhlcoloradoth0.pngnhledmontonik3.pngnhlminnesotaiz1.pngnhlvancouverav7.png

And now on to the Southeast, including the new look of the Washington Capitals:

nhlatlantahp0.pngnhlcarolinavg0.pngnhlfloridaka9.pngnhltampabayyc2.pngnhlwashingtonuy1.png

The Pacific Division (which to my mind should really be called the Southwest, but that's for another thread):

nhlanaheimgn2.pngnhldallasjy2.pngnhllosangelesxc8.pngnhlphoenixss9.pngnhlsanjosegr9.png

The Atlantic Division:

nhlnewjerseyfl2.pngnhlnewyorkiay2.pngnhlnewyorkrzi2.pngnhlphiladelphiacl1.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.png

The Central Division:

nhlchicagoye9.pngnhlcolumbuslb0.pngnhldetroittv6.pngnhlnashvilleua9.pngnhlsaintlouisye9.png

And last but not least, the Northeast:

nhlbostongj8.pngnhlbuffalosr2.pngnhlmontrealgq7.pngnhlottawaod7.pngnhltorontoil1.png

C&C as usual, of course.

CCSLC signature.png

What new logo? The only new one I see on the team site is their retro shoulder patch.

Edit: OK, I see they tweaked the "B" a little bit on the primary. How's this?

nhlbostonnu9.png

CCSLC signature.png

Why did you choose not to do the buffa-slug?

Because as long as the Sabres have other alternate logos that I can work with, I refuse to dignify that monstrosity with a sig. (And I'm not crazy about the B with a sword through it either, at least not in the current blue/gold color scheme. It looked a lot better in black, silver and red.)

CCSLC signature.png

the Orca kicks the C-Rinks ass anyday of the week...

An orca doesn't have feet. How can it kick anything's ass? :P

Anyhoo, as you can see on some of my other sigs, I have no qualms about substituting oe of the other team logos for the primary. Generally I do this when:

1) I like the primary less than the available alternatives (e.g. the Buffaslug, the Canucks' orca or the Blue Jackets' old "CBJ"; I've always used the star-and-flag logo for my Blue Jackets sigs, even before it was promoted to the primary logo),

2) the primary is too long or too tall to fit inside the alloted area without cutting part of it off (which is what I used to do on my v1.x and v2.x sigs) or leaving a lot of empty white space, or

3) the primary is a wordmark. (Wordmarks are often too long to fit in a square, aren't clearly visible when shrunken to fit within a 64x64 pixel area, and are redundant given that I'm putting the team name on the top and bottom panels anyway. This is why I used the secondary eagle logo in the new Caps' sig. It's also why I used the tertiary Stars logo - the star by itself, which has been used on the team's helmets - for that sig.)

CCSLC signature.png

An orca doesn't have feet. How can it kick anything's ass? :P

ok fine captian technicality... itll slap its ass anyday of the week..... :lol:

Could you do a Buffalo Bills NFL one for me please?

Either logo would be nice

I already have, as part of the NFL set I did awhile back. Click on the NFL link below (beneath the Saluting Champions super-sig).

Could you do me a Leafs set with all their team logos? Like have all the vintage logos, the TML etc.

Maybe later this summer. Actually I'm thinking about doing a vintage NHL set with older logos, and logos for extinct teams like the Nordiques, North Stars, etc.

CCSLC signature.png

They look awesome! Is there anywhere on this forum where someone made these ones but for diffrent leagues?

If so, would someone be so kind to put that link up.

Thanks!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

the C-rink is a terrible logo....its a shoulder patch at best

Someone should stick a bottle of windex in the orca's mouth, that should be the new logo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 4 weeks later...
Why aren't the Cardinals included in your saluting champions section? Did you include them on a sig from last year? If so can I see that I'd love to put that on my replies.

Because I haven't done an MLB sig set, nor do I have plans to any time soon, because I don't follow MLB that closely. Same for the NBA and Arena Football.

They look awesome! Is there anywhere on this forum where someone made these ones but for diffrent leagues?

If so, would someone be so kind to put that link up.

Thanks!

Go to the "v3.x" links in my sig below. Those are all the sig sets I've done in this style so far. The "v2.x" sigs are a different style, and not one I or many other people here particularly cared for, so I will eventually be making new sig sets for those teams using the v3.x template.

In the meantime, here's the Anaheim Ducks "regular" sig (not changed, but I had to upload that sig again because the file on the host site got hosed somehow), as well as a new sig for the San Jose Sharks with their new logo and color scheme:

nhlanaheimbk7.pngnhlsanjoseto8.png

CCSLC signature.png

Finally 300 posts!!!!! :D I thought it would take me another 5 years!

Do you plan on making the new lightning, capitals or sens logos anytime soon?

The new Capitals one is already up and the other two haven't been officially unveiled yet.

• 1 month later...

Archived