Chicago Bears Waive Tank Johnson

oz615

I'm glad they got rid of Tank. He was a great player, but he got into too much trouble. I thought they should have suspended him for the entire playoffs last year when the gun charges came up. That's a good move to get rid of him. Hopefully the Bengals will get rid of all their troubled players and the Titans cut Adam Jones.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Eh, don't go championing the Bears for this. They only did it because he was expendable. They already have a great D, 1 player won't change that. But make no mistake, this is ultimately a product of his own doing.

The only reason Pac isn't gone is because he's still an impact player for Tennesee. But the Bengals need to clean house, 10 people is ridiculous.

Eh, don't go championing the Bears for this. They only did it because he was expendable. They already have a great D, 1 player won't change that. But make no mistake, this is ultimately a product of his own doing.

The only reason Pac isn't gone is because he's still an impact player for Tennesee. But the Bengals need to clean house, 10 people is ridiculous.

No, Pacman Jones hasn't been cut because Tennessee is saving money by letting the NFL do their job for them. As long as the NFL has suspended him, Tennessee won't have to pay him. If they cut him, they take a cap hit.

LvZYtbZ.png

But Pac's still an impact player. Can't tell me otherwise. If he comes out of this roses (well, not really...), and the Titans release him, you can't tell me there won't be more than a few teams that want an able CB/KR.

But if he does get into anymore trouble, they'd be better off cutting at the end.

But what about the Bears? Aren't they taking a hit from cutting Tank as well?

Thank God. Hopefully no one picks him up b/c this guy has had a few chances to clean himself up. I hope that more teams get rid of the people who cannot stay away from trouble. These people have no respect for the law plain & simple. Just b/c they have some cash & can make it rain they think they can do whatever.

Thank God. Hopefully no one picks him up b/c this guy has had a few chances to clean himself up. I hope that more teams get rid of the people who cannot stay away from trouble. These people have no respect for the law plain & simple. Just b/c they have some cash & can make it rain they think they can do whatever.

It tends to be a gear grinder for me. Athletes get to do something most of us only dream about. When they piss it away because of drugs, rash behavior, or a God complex, that really chaps my hide.

Good riddance.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Tank wasn't expendable.

The Bears have a great D, that much is true. They also were very shallow at D Tackle BEFORE they released Tank. Now starting next to Tommy Harris will be Dusty Dvoracek or Israel Idonije or Anthony Adams. I think combined all 4 of those guys might have 10 games started under their belts. Definatly not a position of strength for the Bears' D.

Even without him for 6 or 8 games they needed him come week 9. But he let down the team too many times and I think they were right in releasing him. Too many distractions. It must have been a easy decision because of the bottom line they gave him. But at the same time, its really hard to see another member of the D-Line leave the team.

As far as if it was the week before the Super Bowl, I can't recall but the Bears did suspend him for one game last season, and I thought it was a playoff game. It also could have been the last game of the season, which was a meaningless game.

You are probably right. If this was the week before the super bowl they most likely wouldn't have released him in this situation. But I doubt any team would have.

All in all, good move by the Bears. Not on the field, but off of it.

They also inked Nathan Vasher for 5 years today. Angelo was a busy man.

You are probably right. If this was the week before the super bowl they most likely wouldn't have released him in this situation. But I doubt any team would have.

Agreed. Most teams probably let him play anyways.

And I wouldn't necessarily argue it (though it rubbed me wrong that he got out of house arrest or whatever it was to play). You know I'm all about second chances.

But like I said, just bothered me that he got to break his sentencing or probation or something to play.

I might not even advocate cutting him because I like to stick with guys...but...they did give him a zero tolerance policy more or less, and he just flat broke it.

Archived