Newly Elected Hockey Hall of Fame Members

STL FANATIC

Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Al MacInnis has been elected.

Congrats Big Al!

I haven't heard word on who the other three players will be.

There's a crop of 6-8 who are very, very deserving. Unfortunatley some will have to wait a year.

Post here when you find out who else made it in and who's going to have to wait.

In Honor of Scott Stevens being elected in the Hall here is this great clip from youtube:

Congrats to all of the players who made it in. Great Class.

Best open ice hitter ever, that hit on Paul Kariya was amazing.

As a Canucks fan I am dissapointed Pavel Bure wasnt elected hopefully he will eventaully get in.

This year's class is doubly-impressive becuse of an eligibility quirk created by the lockout. I think in that year, the 'eligibility clock' stopped for those players who retired in 2003.

First time eligible players for this year were players who played their last game in the 03-04 season. The snubs will get their shot next year as there won't be any first time eligible players.

In Honor of Scott Stevens being elected in the Hall here is this great clip from youtube:

I feel sorry for Eric Lindros now when he goes to the HHOF he will see Stevens all teh wall and get back in the fetal position afraid he is going to get hot again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I feel sorry for Eric Lindros now when he goes to the HHOF he will see Stevens all teh wall and get back in the fetal position afraid he is going to get hot again.

Classic.

Stevens getting in before Larionov is, IMSNFHO, a shame. Larionov did more for hockey, on a global scale, than anyone else in that group (save, arguably, for Mess), but doesn't make the cut?

It's the HOCKEY HOF, not the NHL. Stupid hockey writers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why is it on the subtitle did STL FANATIC put Al MacInnis first? :suspect:^_^

All of them are Hall worthy, perhaps the best year for Hall of Fame entries ever.

To his credit, he didn't know the other three inductees at the time he started the thread.

Or he's a :censored:in' homer......or both.

Stevens is the best in the class...

Messier can choke on a c*ck and die.

Assh*le.....

(i don't like Messier or the Rangers that much... sorry...)

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Stevens getting in before Larionov is, IMSNFHO, a shame. Larionov did more for hockey, on a global scale, than anyone else in that group (save, arguably, for Mess), but doesn't make the cut?

Wait untill the issue of women being inducted into the hall is brought up... it wont be that much longer until Wickenheiser retires... and what oh what will happen then??

Yes the hall does have the reputation for being heavily NHL and North American bias... but they are becoming more and more leniant as the old guard is making way for the next group of members for the selection committee. I personally believe Larianov should have been taken ahead of Stevens... but Stevens was a very big player throughout the 90's and had his career cut short by an injury.

I do believe Larionov will be selected next year... although if you want to talk about European pioneers... shouldn't he be taken behind Ulf Nielsson and Andres Hedberg? I think those two did a lot more for European players coming to the NHL (well, North America and the WHA) than anyone else not yet in the Hall. Hopefully they will one day be in there... I still believe Alexander Mogilny did just as much for Russians coming to the NHL as Larionov did...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm glad Stevens got in on his first year of eligibility. He's one of my all time favorite Devils. Won 3 cups with the Devils, Conn Smythe in 2000, and the Plus/Minus Award in 1994. I know that he is most noted for his tenure with the Devils, but he was also a very good player with the Capitals and Blues. A hard hitting, tough, gritty defenseman. To me, Stevens is what hockey is all about. I'm happy he got in. Everyone on this list is deserving though, but most of all, all the newly elected HHF members played the game the way it was supposed to be played. Play hard and give everything you've got.

Congrats, Scott.

-E.A.R.

I'm glad Stevens got in on his first year of eligibility. He's one of my all time favorite Devils. Won 3 cups with the Devils, Conn Smythe in 2000, and the Plus/Minus Award in 1994. I know that he is most noted for his tenure with the Devils, but he was also a very good player with the Capitals and Blues. A hard hitting, tough, gritty defenseman. To me, Stevens is what hockey is all about. I'm happy he got in. Everyone on this list is deserving though, but most of all, all the newly elected HHF members played the game the way it was supposed to be played. Play hard and give everything you've got.

Congrats, Scott.

-E.A.R.

I think it'll be hard pressed to state it any better than that...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wait untill the issue of women being inducted into the hall is brought up... it wont be that much longer until Wickenheiser retires... and what oh what will happen then??

No love for Manon Rheaume? :hockeysmiley:

since it is the HOCKEY hall of fame not the NHL HOF or the Mens hockey HOF, there is no question women should be allowed in to the hall. Unlike soccer where women have done a good job getting girls in to soccer even to some extent basketball and Tennis, women in hockey have done a piss poor job in getting girls interested in hockey. There again so has bettman with the NHL.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived