Mike Hargrove resigns as Mariners manager

oz615

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Wow that is kinda shocking consider that they're 2 behind the Angels in the loss colum.

That, and the team was playing much better of late.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Stop speculating on Why Grover quit. If he wants people to know, he'll tell them. If he doesn't say anything, just move on and let the guy be.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Stop speculating on Why Grover quit. If he wants people to know, he'll tell them. If he doesn't say anything, just move on and let the guy be.

Not a chance. The M's had won eight in a row, and a whole bunch out of the past 20. I think it's okay for fans and the team to expect everyone to live out their contracts and wonder where things went awry.

I'm all for public people having private lives -- and if his abdication is due to family illness or anything he doesn't want to share, that's fine. But I think fans are certainly allowed to ask questions. Whether or not they should expect answers is entirely different.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There has to be a reason... This doesn't make sense.

Maybe he was forced out... I remember that Ichiro wasn't too fond of the guy and this is his contract year. Now, I don't think this is the truth, but wouldn't you think that Ichiro would gain the upper hand in possbile contract talks if a certain manager that he didn't like just walked away from his job?

Yeah right. At this timing, with the team on a serious hot streak and doing well for the season? Of course we're gonna question this.

There has to be a good reason for it, because on face value, he doesn't look too good for bailing.

Archived