Minnesota Twins score 32 runs in double header

spyboy1

Man, what a day of baseball that turned out to be. The Twins and White Sox had a day/night double header because of an early season rainout.

Game 1 started at noon and 3 hours and 42 minutes later the Twins won 20-14 in the highest scoring game since 1999. Both the Twins and Sox scored in 7 of 9 innings, 5 Twins had 3 or more hits and they were led by Mauer's 5 RBI's and Kubel's 7. Poor John Garland's ERA took a beating with 11 earned runs in 3 1/3 innings. The Twins even left 10 on base!

So, normally you'd think "Great, why didn't they save some runs for the second game?" when it seems that in a case like this you'd end up losing the second game 3-1.

Not this time.

The Twins took Game 2 by a 12-0 score in 3 hours and 2 minutes, led by Justin Morneau's 3 home runs and 5 RBI's , making him 6 for 10 on the day with 9 RBI's. Minnesota did this without a DH, as Redmond got whacked in the head by a bat in the first inning and had to leave the game, causing Mauer to switch from DH to catcher, costing the Twins it's DH in the process. Matt Garza was the first pitcher to bat in an AL game since 2000.

This was the most runs by one team in a double header since 1939.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Impressive to say the least! Too bad Garland had to get roughed up like he did... he's one of the few White Sox that I like.

If 7 ER's over 4 innings raised Sabathia's ERA about .50, I'd hate to see what 11 ER's over 3 1/3 does to Garland

IUe6Hvh.png

Do the math:

ERA=(ER*9)/IP

so: (11*9)/3.333=29.70 game ERA (about)

and: Garland current ERA is 3.90 (50 ER in 114-2/3 innings). Deduct what Garland gave up yesterday and we have 39 ER in 111-1/3 IP.

Garland's pre-rout ERA would be (39*9)/111.333=3.15 (about)

3.90-3.15=0.75

:)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

3.90-3.15=0.75

There, fixed that for you. Like my calculus teacher always said, it's not gonna be the formulas that get you; most of the time, it's just the dumb arithmetic.

I was actually at that second game. It was part of my birthday gift to my girlfriend. Surprisingly, after that, she's still dating me. She has declared, though, that she's on a White Sox boycott until they learn how to play something vaguely resembling baseball again.

Er, at least the fireworks were nice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3.90-3.15=0.75

There, fixed that for you. Like my calculus teacher always said, it's not gonna be the formulas that get you; most of the time, it's just the dumb arithmetic.

I was actually at that second game. It was part of my birthday gift to my girlfriend. Surprisingly, after that, she's still dating me. She has declared, though, that she's on a White Sox boycott until they learn how to play something vaguely resembling baseball again.

Er, at least the fireworks were nice.

the wife is about to the same point with the isles. except she declared that if the isles unviel the ugly piece of crap in the leaked photo, then the entire house hold will go on a islander boycott until they look and play like something respectable.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Game 1 started at noon and 3 hours and 42 minutes later the Twins won 20-14 in the highest scoring game since 1999. Both the Twins and Sox scored in 7 of 9 innings, 5 Twins had 3 or more hits and they were led by Mauer's 5 RBI's and Kubel's 7. Poor John Garland's ERA took a beating with 11 earned runs in 3 1/3 innings. The Twins even left 10 on base!

And the Twins' cleanup hitter, Michael Cuddyer, went 0-for-6....

Archived