Super bowl xxxviii

pagan696

i also see now unless something major changes (like the weather) the roof will now be open for game play.  it will start out open for play, close at halftime, then reopen to display the roof system in real time live on TV.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

i also see now unless something major changes (like the weather) the roof will now be open for game play.  it will start out open for play, close at halftime, then reopen to display the roof system in real time live on TV.

How long does it take for the roof to open at Reliant?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i haven't heard.  on the local news last night they had a Houston official on and he was "Welcoming" all the Carolina fans and talking about all the nice things the city wanted to show off.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

I heard on local TV that the special papers used for the tickets will be available at Staples after the SuperBowl. Anyone can buy the paper, ad then everything they can print on the paper will glow in the dark.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

zer0, we use something similar here at work for printing safety signage.  it's a self-adhesive vinyl (decal) that can be printed on and used for signs, direct application die-cut lettering, or floor graphics.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

i also see now unless something major changes (like the weather) the roof will now be open for game play. it will start out open for play, close at halftime, then reopen to display the roof system in real time live on TV.

MR. Skydome, how long does it take for yours to open. I was there and watched it open before, but don't remember how long it took. Ah yes like it was yesterday, Victoria Day at the Hard Rock watching BP.

MR. Skydome, how long does it take for yours to open. I was there and watched it open before, but don't remember how long it took. Ah yes like it was yesterday, Victoria Day at the Hard Rock watching BP.

Remember ours was the first, and the only one for the next 10 years, so be kind when judging the amount of time it takes to open and close....

20 minutes

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

one in football (so far) - Reliant Stadium

baseball: Skydome in Toronto

Miller Park, Milwaukee

Safeco Field, Seattle

Minute Maid Park, Houston

Bank one Ballpark, Phoenix

Olympic Stadium, Montreal (since made a permanent roof)

Hockey: Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh (never used, always closed)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Mellon Arena was originally built for the Pittsburgh Symphony to have "Symphony Under the Stars." It was used for that purpose a few times. The pictures -- which i don't have -- are cool. I believe that because there is a big scoreboard in the stadium, it prevents them from opening it. The scoreboard gets in the way. Or something.

Great idea for the NFL.  Hey anything to prevent ripoffs will work.  Good luck scalpers!

BTW, in the late 1980's, the city of San Francisco was considering putting a glass roof on candelstick Park to avoid the brutal wind of night games, while at the same time, preventing the field for football from becoming a brutal quagmire, like it is known to be.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Mellon Arena was originally built for the Pittsburgh Symphony to have "Symphony Under the Stars." It was used for that purpose a few times. The pictures -- which i don't have -- are cool. I believe that because there is a big scoreboard in the stadium, it prevents them from opening it. The scoreboard gets in the way. Or something.

Yes, the scoreboard is now suspended from the roof, so there is no way open the roof safely now.

Kemper Arena in KC had a retractable roof at one time - of course it was retracted due to a tornado, so perhaps it doesn't count.   :D

There's also Millenium Stadium in Cardiff Amsterdam Arena, and Telstra Dome in Melbourne. Melbourne also has two retractable roof arenas used during the Australian Open. Can someone tell me if there is such a stadium in Germany?  ???

I saw, I came, I left.

Hockey: Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh (never used, always closed)

Not never, actually. I was at a Civic Arena event (an indoor soccer game) where the roof was open. Of course, that was 20-25 years ago.

And lest we forget, it was open during the filming of that great opus, "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh."  :D

nav-logo.png

Archived