University of Miami football to go nameless next year

jay_zoe2

Taking the names off the jerseys can only help get rid of the thuggish "me, me, me" attitude that has been Miami Hurricane football as of late....

by "as of late" do you mean the last 25 years? :D

Bernie Kosar was a straight gangsta...

Truer words have yet to be uttered.

No names on back = more room for piping.

Just you wait.

I'm waiting for the day when someone comes out with a jersey that is all piping.

corduroy?

No, not corduroy. More like those cheap utility mats made from scraps of cloth. Sorry, no pic. :D

Having names on the back is a detriment to teamwork. Just ask Boise State!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Taking the name off the back of someone's jersey will not change his behavior, on or off the field.

It's a gimmick!

Would it change yours?

No, but symbols are important.

If the coach only removes the names, nothing will change. But if he also stresses teamwork, builds comraderie, and explains why he's removing the names then yes, that might change behavior.

Having names on the back is a detriment to teamwork. Just ask Boise State!

yeah but before the fiesta bowl win boise state was a relatively unknown program who (by my guesses, im not a huge cfb fan) wouldnt be able to generate enough money to justify getting new jerseys for every player, nameless was the way to go on the cheap.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

yeah but before the fiesta bowl win boise state was a relatively unknown program who (by my guesses, im not a huge cfb fan) wouldnt be able to generate enough money to justify getting new jerseys for every player, nameless was the way to go on the cheap.

Er, you missed the point. Boise State was a paragon of teamwork this past season and they had names on the back of their jerseys. Besides, (1) They were rather well-known and (2) They're a Nike-sponsored program.

As Gothamite stated corrected (Like he usually does :P), there are other factors at work in stressing teamwork other than just taking names off of jerseys. If it's done alone, then it's just a cheap publicity stunt.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I also hate the no-name gimmick in football. The names on the back of the jerseys are for the benefit of the fans on TV - those of us who have not memorized the numbers of all the players on every team we see.

Plus it's kind of insulting to the players - are they really going to think that because their teammates don't have names on their jerseys that they're more of a "team" now? What are these guys, third graders? The numbers still distinguish individual players anyway.

I think they are taking the names off the jerseys not because of team unity, but because the individual players don?t want to be associated with such a butt-ugly uniform.

By the way I love Miami. The best college thugs are destine to become the best pro-thugs. Thugary rules, as proven by the fact more Miami players have been drafted by and succeeded in the NFL than any other college over the past several years.

Getting back to the point, however, no names on football jerseys is a bad thing, a very bad thing.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Archived