New York Islanders

Clark

After seeing that monstrosity that the Islanders created I decided to do my own concept:

islanders_royal.png

islanders_white.png

The Islanders have a strong tradition from their 4 cup wins in the 80's, with my concept I've tried to retain that tradition.

Updates

- Changed Navy back a lighter shade of blue (the Bob Bourne night jersey inspired this)

- Minor stripping changes

- Addition of the Lighthouse patch

- Added Royal Blue to the primary logo.

C&C's please

Clark

prospects.png

vets.png

Nice update while keeping it traditional. Not a big fan of the "collar bone" accents but I could live with it. Better than the new jerseys what we have seen for them. Nice addition of the lighthouse

Dan

I am pretty much on board with these comments. The collar bone stripes are just there to be different. The sleeve and waist stripes are as they ought to be. I am not a fan of the "4 Cup" patch, particulary when the lighthouse is there (rather see lighthouse on both sides), but overall this concept (particularly w/o the collar bone) would be an outstanding improvement.

I have a question abou the "4 cup" patch. If the islanders win a fifth cup, would the NHL let them add the fifth stripe for the next season or would the win occur after the changes are supposed to be in, rendering them stuck with four stripes for a year?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

These look nice. I think they would look a lot better with the stripes on both shoulders and maybe increase their size. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing but it seems like there is a lot of empty space on the shoulders. I'd rather see simple than cluttered...

These are a nice return to the traditional Islanders look, very nice design. I'm not really digging the collar bone thing you got going on, though. Here's a contreversial suggestion, especially at this board... piping like the new Hurricanes' jerseys or new Islanders' jerseys. With such a sober design, it might actually look good.

thecatch.jpg

Three suggestions:

1. Get rid of the collarbone inserts--they don't add anything to the jersey, and they detract from the "clean: look you have going here.

2. Make the navy on the logo match the navy on the jersey.

3. Use a more traditional number font--this is a classic design, it should have classic numbers, not those ultramodern ones.

These issues are minor, though; these are nice and miles better than what they actually went with.

Thanks for the C&C's guys, I've taken them all on board and have come up with this:

islanders_bourne.png

Changes

- New laced up collar as seen on the new Isles Edge jersey

- Waves removed from Lighthouse patch

- New number font

- Stripping altered to match socks

- Numbers added to the arms (how did i forget this with the original???)

- and finally, Ive added the Fisherman logo to the rear of the jersey. Despite the disaster for the fisherman jerseys I always quite liked the logo as a secondary mark.

prospects.png

vets.png

these look really good but the collar bone inserts look out of place.

Also I think it looks good with the two different shoulder patches but on the lighthouse one i think you can remove the waves from the back. I have done it before and I think it looks better.

Is it possible to like Mets and Yankees dude? :D

I must agree that the template looks good. You used the Sabres font for the original, right? That didn't look so good, I like the update though, the fisherman on the butt is pointless. Solid concept.

these look really good but the collar bone inserts look out of place.

Also I think it looks good with the two different shoulder patches but on the lighthouse one i think you can remove the waves from the back. I have done it before and I think it looks better.

Is it possible to like Mets and Yankees dude? :D

I must agree that the template looks good. You used the Sabres font for the original, right? That didn't look so good, I like the update though, the fisherman on the butt is pointless. Solid concept.

I'm not gonna say there is a lot of people who root for both the Yanks and the Mets but there are some around here.

The updates look great. They should have gone with these.

yankees-1.png

Thanks for the C&C's guys, I've taken them all on board and have come up with this:

islanders_bourne.png

Changes

- New laced up collar as seen on the new Isles Edge jersey

- Waves removed from Lighthouse patch

- New number font

- Stripping altered to match socks

- Numbers added to the arms (how did i forget this with the original???)

- and finally, Ive added the Fisherman logo to the rear of the jersey. Despite the disaster for the fisherman jerseys I always quite liked the logo as a secondary mark.

:notworthy::notworthy:

This is light years ahead of the pieces of crap they released.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Your redo is top notch. I wish there was some way to get the team to use this instead of the crap they are trying to push down our throats. My only criticism (if you can even call if that) is that I've never been a fan of the 4 stripes for the cups (that's why the banners are in the Coliseum rafters) so I would put the lighthouse patch on both shoulders. Otherwise this is most excellent.

You'd be hard pressed to find a New Yorker who likes both the Yankees and Mets. It's either one or the other not both.

Archived