Aussie Rules crossover to NFL

rmered

This comes about for a few reasons.

1. The recent thread about your first concept. I've been here a while and I'm three PCs into this deal now. So my first concept was a shameful MS Paint version of what I have now re-done in Illustrator.

2. I wanted to show off the new helmet template available on vectorportal.com

3. Anything Discrim can do, I can... well, can anyone do what Discrim does? Well, at least I'm having a go.

Here's one of the cultural icons of Australian sport, the Essendon Bombers, as I see them as an NFL team.

The main reason for the plain-ness of the concept:

Essendon have used the same design in every game they've played since 1890. Eighteen Ninety!

So I wanted to keep the extra bits free from the piping options, the multi coloured numbers etc and stay true to the unchanging nature of the Essendon uniform, hence the single colour collar, cuffs and hooped socks.

Essendon-Crossover.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I really, really like this Mero. It's very classy. I think the sash fits in pretty nicely on the uniform -- it's definately a different element than what you see in Gridiron. The only thing that doesn't fit is the socks -- they don't go with what you have on the jersey itself. But it's pretty sweet work nonetheless, and I can't wait to see more.

philly.png

Like it!

I can only find a profile view of that helmet on vectorportal.com. Where did you get the 3/4 view on the site? I can't find it.

You might need to register, but in the 'Vectorise This' forum, that helmet has it's own thread.

Link is here:

http://www.vectorportal.com/forum/uploads/...48_examples.zip

Thanks for the feedback Brain.

Essendon have worn those socks since 1873, so I don't know what to do about changing them.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I dig it mate! Is it me or is the helmet logo a little askew? Also I think the arm logo needs a white stroke to make it pop, the way it is now it gets lost. I thought of suggesting stripes on the pants but with the socks it would be to much. And since the socks are legacy, they would stay. Plus vertical, diagonal, and horizontal stripes all on the same uni would be way over the top.

Anyway hope this is the start of a series, looking forward to seeing Adelaide and Fremantle.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I dig it mate! Is it me or is the helmet logo a little askew? Also I think the arm logo needs a white stroke to make it pop, the way it is now it gets lost. I thought of suggesting stripes on the pants but with the socks it would be to much. And since the socks are legacy, they would stay. Plus vertical, diagonal, and horizontal stripes all on the same uni would be way over the top.

Anyway hope this is the start of a series, looking forward to seeing Adelaide and Fremantle.

Good call on the outline, I've now added it to the original.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

That one is classy, Mero. Again, using an element that isn't used in Gridiron (the stripe), it looks unique and pretty clean. I love the helmet, that logo was made for it.

I'd personally like to see you keep going. Personally.

philly.png

ah, memories...I still remember my Dons crossover. ironically, mero, you are kinda doin something I ended up doing a couple times...ya do a modernized Montreal Maroons concept and next thing you know, you end up doing almost every defunct NHL team and a few important non-NHLers...and then the next year ya do a Red Wings throwback-ish alt, suddenly doing throwback-style alts for most of the NHL seems like a great idea :D

keep runnin, keep runnin, fightin for more yards :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Like 'em... like 'em a lot...

Too bad you had to start with the team I refer to as PURE EVIL :devil:

Can't wait to see Blues (cos' I just love 'em... but admit there isn't much design elements to deal with... I'd consider a Indy Colts type of shoulder striping) and Freo... because... I want to see 2 different colours of sleeves... may be having shoulder pads may help the Dockers look a little "more manly" (to keep it PC)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived