Green is the Colour

NickNickNick

Just flipped to the game on TSN and caught a look at these ... the unis, or at least the top half of them, look awesome. The throwback helmet is super nice, even with the black facemask. Pants are silver, but have a green-white-green stripe on them; those aren't the usual silver pants, are they? And even the coaches have some really nice green-and-white team wear with the retro logo.

EDIT: Also noticed that, unlike the photo of the replica earlier in the thread, the TV numbers are on the sleeves, not on the shoulders, and there are no logos on the sleeves.

Just turned on the game and they look awesome. I prefer these to their normal uniforms (even if they aren't historically accurate).

Those unis are a thing of beauty. The Riders have had some of the ugliest sets (black should not be part of their colour scheme) in the CFL for far too long and these are perfect examples of how good they could look. I especially love the double striped helmet. Just tweak/update the logo (not their current grey decal piece of garbage) on these vintage helmets and you'll have a winner.

zzPEfBm.png

Well, I have to say that they addressed almost all of my concerns. The only things I would change is the facemask colour from black to white (although it's likely these were just the regular helmets with different decals), and the pants colour from silver to white. Then they'd have a two-colour uniform like the Colts, and I think it would look really nice.

I should add that I do like the current uniform, now that the black pants have been mothballed, and I think I'd rather keep the throwback as an alternate for now.

Archived