San Diego State Football

kewp80

So I was just thinking about doing a concept and trying to think of something to do, cause I hadn't done anything in a while. I had an idea for a San Diego State Football concept pop in my head with a white helmet. I stated playing around and I like what I came up with. Anyway, here's my San Diego State Aztecs concept:

SDSU_Identity.png

I tried to incorporate more white in the shoulder and pants stripes, but it just didn't look good.

So lets get that C&C rolling shall we :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

These are nice. A couple thoughts:

-As a former SDSU student (not an alumni, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who went to SDSU, got drunk, got on AP and got the boot), they need to have a red helmet. That's a huge part of their identity.

-I'd like to see what the wordmarks on the jerseys would look like in the same font as the numbers.

-Abbreviating State on the roads doesn't work for me. Either have it say SDSU or have it say San Diego State.

Other than these things, these jerseys are nicer than anything they've had in decades. Make those tweaks and you have a fantastic concept.

white helmet is better than that black-red gradient helmets they had been using, but agreed....it would look a lot better with the red helmet, i'd be interested in seeing the arrow used on the pants as a stripe, shoulders too, but that would be harder to make work

brewerssig.jpg

These are nice. A couple thoughts:

-As a former SDSU student (not an alumni, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who went to SDSU, got drunk, got on AP and got the boot), they need to have a red helmet. That's a huge part of their identity.

-I'd like to see what the wordmarks on the jerseys would look like in the same font as the numbers.

-Abbreviating State on the roads doesn't work for me. Either have it say SDSU or have it say San Diego State.

Other than these things, these jerseys are nicer than anything they've had in decades. Make those tweaks and you have a fantastic concept.

As a current SDSU student (in the process of getting the boot :P) I gotta say I agree with most of what you're saying.

My main thing would be the red pants for the home kits, we dont have many traditions and SDSU but the all-black home kits might be the only one that matters. I'd also like to see "San Diego State" on every kit, not the abbreviation or even "aztecs".

Oh and for whoever mentioned it, those are the logos that SDSU uses.

14ilxq9.png

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciate it.

I'll make these updates to it tomorrow:

-Red helmet, I also want to know what you guys think of the helmet stripe, should I keep it, or have no stripe like they have now?

-I'll play around with the wordmarks on the front of the jersey's, and I'll see if I can change the font too

kid_17: I forgot to say that all the pants are interchangeable, I know how SDSU always seems to wear all black at home, so I'll switch the pants on the home and away sets, but if they wanted to change it up they could :P

Again, thanks for all the C&C, keep it coming! :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived