Nationals away

cappital92

I made this jersey for two reasons. One, I wanted to back myself up in this thread. Two, I was playing MVP Baseball 2005 with the Nats in the old Expos powder blue and thought it looked amazing(and would make a great tribute to the Expos if they had a power blue away) . So, without further ado, one powder blue Nationals jersey, no mayo. wnpba.png

That word mark on the shoulder is just....ugh. Lose it and put a different logo in its place.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm a Nats fan, I wish the team wore more blue, I love powder blue road uniforms and wish a few teams would wear them again, and I love the Padres road uniforms and wish more teams would wear distinctively shaded road uniforms in general.

And even given all that, I veto this concept.

No fault of the designer, though. Other than using the wrong patch on the wrong sleeve, it's a well executed proof-of-concept test.

But. First off, the gold bevels just aren't going to look good on powder blue. Second, that much dark blue creates a dark-blue/light-blue false color scheme. Accidentally turns the uniform into the Washington Tarheels. Most importantly, though, powder blue is more or less the official color of Phillies fans at Nationals games. Someday, hopefully, Philadelphia will decide to switch from their current off-white road uniforms for something that doesn't suck, and when that day comes there will need to be room for a powder-blue team in the NL East. But the real point is that it would be confusing for Washington fans to have to start wearing Phillies-blue road jerseys.

20082614447.png

With the Alt. 'DC' on the hat instead of the 'W'.

And for this reason, it's great! :D

Actually, BallWonk's right in his assessment. But I wanted to take a shot at the pretzel.

(But... the Phillies wear off-white?)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I honestly have a hard time telling the Philles from the Nats at a glance or in my peripheral vision from the stands in Washington, at least in day games. In sunlight, the Phillies uniforms aren't even off-white. At best they're dark white. No other team I've ever seen play anywhere causes me this edge-of-vision contrast problem. And every once in a while I'll be down at field level near the start of the game, and I'll see photogs and journalists and others walking around, some of them in older Philadelphia road jerseys, some of them just wearing Nats or other teams' road jerseys, and it makes the lightness of the Phillies road jerseys very stark. Most teams these days wear much lighter gray road uniforms than even 20 years ago, but even compared to today's light-gray-wearing teams, the Phillies are visibly much lighter.

20082614447.png

That word mark on the shoulder is just....ugh. Lose it and put a different logo in its place.

i vote to use the old expos M logo and flip it upside down so its a W

Your wishes are my command!

wnpba-1.png

I honestly have a hard time telling the Philles from the Nats at a glance or in my peripheral vision from the stands in Washington, at least in day games. In sunlight, the Phillies uniforms aren't even off-white. At best they're dark white. No other team I've ever seen play anywhere causes me this edge-of-vision contrast problem. And every once in a while I'll be down at field level near the start of the game, and I'll see photogs and journalists and others walking around, some of them in older Philadelphia road jerseys, some of them just wearing Nats or other teams' road jerseys, and it makes the lightness of the Phillies road jerseys very stark. Most teams these days wear much lighter gray road uniforms than even 20 years ago, but even compared to today's light-gray-wearing teams, the Phillies are visibly much lighter.

they could fix this problem by wearing a colored road jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 1 month later...

Archived