Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

The fact that Randolph wont get fired tells you They wont do whats necessary to fix this.

Well his gut tells him that it's OK...he just "has a feeling that you get being a manager".

God I hate him...hated him since day 1...what better an excuse to just fire him now?

I don't see how you can blame Randolph for the fact that he has no pitching staff what so ever. Glavine has been done as a top pitcher for years since he has gotten to New York. El Duque is like 50 years old. Pedro has been hurt all year. Then the rest Perez, Maine, and Peltfry are all unproven. In the bullpen they have a closer who absolutely can't get it done in a big game and really no one else he that can step to the role. This team lacked a closer and an ace and if they had one of those they would have clinched a playoff spot weeks ago. Sadly for Randolph and Minaya the team had that ace but because the ownership has this foolishness of trying to keep up with the Yankees they traded him for Victor Zambrano in a panic move when they were well out of the playoff race a few years ago. Coincidently as I pointed out earlier he led the Majors in Strikeouts this year.

The roots of the Mets collapse lies deep with the management of the Mets starting at the ownership for the culture they have created since Doubleday sold his part of the team. Minaya deserves part of the blame because he never adequately made a move to help the pitching staff. The last guy to blame is Randolph because there is nothing he could do. That was a team doomed to fail because of the pitching, the fact they were even in the playoff race is a credit to Randolph and how bad the National League is. Now it seems Minaya is leaning toward keeping Randolph and I hope the ownership let's Minaya run the show baseball wise. While he has made mistake leading to this the collapse he has done a good job of turning around what was a cluster:censored: of a franchise that was made by the ownership. If the Wilpons step in I think Randolph will be gone which will be a mistake. Although it won't be a surprise given the Wilpons track record.

Well Omar was too buy posing for GQ to work as GM, he deserves to take a hit too, but he can fix this by trading for Johan Santana, realizing that Mike Pelfrey is garbage and the Mets have no hope in the minors so they must sell off the farm and get as many stars as possible becuase if they don't the Mets will become irrelevant. I wish to god George Steinbrenner owned the Mets becuase the Wilpons wait until its too late every thime to make moves that is how I know this is the beginning of a 20-year stretch of losing.

Willie needs to go down, they need a Joe Griardi type Manager that will keep the team focused.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Omar was too buy posing for GQ to work as GM, he deserves to take a hit too, but he can fix this by trading for Johan Santana,

Ha! I enjoyed going to Mariners games this summer and was annoyed when they tanked at the end of the season. Therefore, unless they trade for Johann Santana, Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey, Alex Rodriguez, and Babe Ruth, they don't care about winning and I should give up on them, right?

Your shame spiral is hilarious. I'm sorry you take it so seriously, because it's pretty fun for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Reds will have a better record then the Mets next year and will win a World Series before the Mets win again, and so will the Rays.

Why are you being so nihilistic? So the Mets didn't make the playoffs. It's not like there aren't good players on the team. Look at the future. I mean we still have Wright,Reyes,Gotay,Milledge,Gomez, Maine, Perez who are still young. We still have amazing talent. I know you are over-exaggerating but come on and quit it already. The Devils start playing this week. You have that to look forward to.

Also if you can't handle defeat then don't follow sports. You have one team that ends up winning and the rest of the people leaving empty handed. Your team can have some miracle run to the championship and still lose. Also you just start liking a whole lot of teams then if you don't want to go away empty handed.

Reds will have a better record then the Mets next year and will win a World Series before the Mets win again, and so will the Rays.

Why are you being so nihilistic? So the Mets didn't make the playoffs. It's not like there aren't good players on the team. Look at the future. I mean we still have Wright,Reyes,Gotay,Milledge,Gomez, Maine, Perez who are still young. We still have amazing talent. I know you are over-exaggerating but come on and quit it already. The Devils start playing this week. You have that to look forward to.

Also if you can't handle defeat then don't follow sports. You have one team that ends up winning and the rest of the people leaving empty handed. Your team can have some miracle run to the championship and still lose. Also you just start liking a whole lot of teams then if you don't want to go away empty handed.

Reyes is now Rey Ordonez he has been destroyed by the "Coaching" of Rickey Henderson

Carlos Gomez is not going to pan out

Lanstings Milledge is the next Milton Bradley

Gotay was traded by the Royals he cant be that good

Maine and Perez will never win 15 again.

This is just the worst pain a team can put its fan through.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

There's 29 other teams in the league if the Mets are giving you too much depression. Just join a bandwagon for the playoffs and see how things go next year. Not too hard

Speaking of which, did Tnak ever pick a new college football team (or college in general) to root for, since he handed in his fandom back to the Miami Hurricanes because of their brawl with Florida International?

Reyes is now Rey Ordonez he has been destroyed by the "Coaching" of Rickey Henderson

Carlos Gomez is not going to pan out

Lanstings Milledge is the next Milton Bradley

Gotay was traded by the Royals he cant be that good

Maine and Perez will never win 15 again.

This is just the worst pain a team can put its fan through.

I know we suck. So do the Devils. We lost Gomez and Rafalski. We might as well dig our selves a little hole and crawl into it. Martin Brodeur is just over-rated and a product of the old size nhl goals. We shouldn't even play a game this season. I hope the Mets get sold and move to Montreal so that I won't have to deal with watching this team in the future.

You watch the Mets wont do anything to fix this mess in the off-season

Willie Randolph will be back.

They will miss out on Johan Santana

They wont land a front line starter

They wont do anything to fix the bullpen

They wont eat the contracts of Mota and Schowenweis meaning another year of watching them get lit up.

They will keep thinking Mike Pelfrey is an ace in the making, while 5 years from now he will be a Long Reliever fighting to make a MLB roster every year.

They wont fix Reyes' head and he will only get worse, what you saw in September will be what will be the rest of his career, bad coaching has its effects on young talent.

I know this team they dont react until things are so ugly and 15,000 fans are going to a game in a lifeless dead stadium.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Look take the Mets have to make changes because you can't bring this team back after this because it will be a disaster. However you can't go overboard like you want to Tank because that would be an even bigger disaster. You can't just bring in big names you have to bring in the right players.

The Mets should:

1. Leave Randolph as manager. He is a good manager.

2. Continue to build around Reyes, Wright, and Beltran. Everyone else can be trade bait if the right deal comes along.

3. Let Glavin go and cut lose from one that mistake of a signing.

4. Trade for some quality pitching, both bullpen and starting (Santana I believe is still under contract and the Mets don't have the chips to get him).

5. Get rid of Lastings Miledge. The antics are too much there is youthful enthusiasm a team needs (see Melky and Chamberlain for the Yankees) but then there is too much. Pissing off the Marlins when they can still keep you out of the playoffs is dumb.

6. Bring Reyes in with a meeting with Minaya and Randolph and sit him down for a talk. He needs to grow up a little but other than that he will be fine.

7. This goes along with finding the right players they need to bring in some veteran players that will help change the attitude of the team to more professional. The Mets are probably the most hated team inside of baseball. For as much all the fans hate the Yankees there is a respect factor with the Yankees in the baseball world. With the Mets because of how they act there isn't and teams go that extra mile to beat them.

Look take the Mets have to make changes because you can't bring this team back after this because it will be a disaster. However you can't go overboard like you want to Tank because that would be an even bigger disaster. You can't just bring in big names you have to bring in the right players.

The Mets should:

1. Leave Randolph as manager. He is a good manager.

2. Continue to build around Reyes, Wright, and Beltran. Everyone else can be trade bait if the right deal comes along.

3. Let Glavin go and cut lose from one that mistake of a signing.

4. Trade for some quality pitching, both bullpen and starting (Santana I believe is still under contract and the Mets don't have the chips to get him).

5. Get rid of Lastings Miledge. The antics are too much.

6. Bring Reyes in with a meeting with Minaya and Randolph and sit him down for a talk. He needs to grow up.

Yes they do give the Twins anything they want. Some think Pelfrey is good, maybe you can fool the Twins into taking him, give them Gomez and Milledge too, even Phillip Humber and John Maine or Oliver Perez if needed.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived