Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like my whole life is over and I dont know what to do, this may have ruined any intrest I will ever have in baseball again

Cheer up Tank. You guys had a great run last season at least. I mean you made it all the way to the World Ser....

Oh, wait....

That's right....

molina315x260gm7hr102006.jpg4b7f4744-fef7-43f4-b0d6-15c9e53e047f.h2.jpgwheeee-736941.jpg

I forgot.

:D

Like my whole life is over and I dont know what to do, this may have ruined any intrest I will ever have in baseball again

It could be worse Tank. President Bush could have approval ratings in the low 30's, the war in Iraq could be a disaster, Democrats could be in control of both houses of congress...never mind.

Seriously dude. Cheer up. It's not that bad. You still have all of us. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Rockies win.

Padres-Rockies tomorrow in Denver I believe.

That would be correct. Should be Peavy vs. Josh Fogg... obviously I'd rather the Rockies not have to face Peavy but they can do it.

Look at the bright side, Tank... this Mets team wasn't equipped to win in the postseason -- and had they squeaked through the first round somehow and lost in the second, it's a lot less likely that the team would take the steps towards fixing what needs to be fixed this offseason. Worse things have happened than missing the playoffs, ya know.

That said, this collapse may just have been worse than the Yankees choke.

IUe6Hvh.png

Rockies win.

That would be correct. Should be Peavy vs. Josh Fogg... obviously I'd rather the Rockies not have to face Peavy but they can do it.

I know this is thinking ahead, but what would you do, ITE, if it was a Rockies/Red Sox Series?

Rockies win.

I know this is thinking ahead, but what would you do, ITE, if it was a Rockies/Red Sox Series?

I'd have to cheer for the Red Sox. They're my team. But I'd be happy for the Rockies if they would manage to win... that's also how it was when they played eachother in the regular season. Cheer for the Red Sox, be happy for the Rockies.

IUe6Hvh.png

OH NOEES WERE IN UR PLAYOFFS TAKEN YOUR TITLES!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Haha, hot damn, the Phillies got on a roll at the end.

And to think all the Mets fans, including myself, thought Jimmy Rollins was smoking the same stuff Grant Roberts was smoking in 2002, when he predicted this.

Well, at least some changes might be made.

It could be worse Tank. President Bush could have approval ratings in the low 30's, the war in Iraq could be a disaster, Democrats could be in control of both houses of congress...never mind.

He still has the Devils and ..... the Dolphins... :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

I think it is. The Yankees just lost 4 games in a row to a team that had the 3rd best record in baseball and had beat them in the season series. Similar stuff like that has happened before, never in the postseason, but it has happened down the stretch in pennant races ('78 Yankees beating the Red Sox come to mind). The Mets on the other hand blew a 7 game lead with 17 games to go and in the final week lost to two of the worst teams in in the NL with nothing to play for. OF course I'm a bit biased.

I think it is. The Yankees just lost 4 games in a row to a team that had the 3rd best record in baseball and had beat them in the season series. Similar stuff like that has happened before, never in the postseason, but it has happened down the stretch in pennant races ('78 Yankees beating the Red Sox come to mind). The Mets on the other hand blew a 7 game lead with 17 games to go and in the final week lost to two of the worst teams in in the NL with nothing to play for. OF course I'm a bit biased.

And the Red Sox just started playing really good baseball. I don't consider it as much of a "choke" by the Yankees as much as a great comeback by the Sox... it just depends on whether or not I'm in the company of Yankees fans when talking about it. :P^_^

If the Mets had just taken care of their business they'd be in the postseason. This is a collapse of epic proportions.

IUe6Hvh.png

Jump! Jump!

pic2.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Mets choke is worse, because at least the Yankees had to play their best in order to win, but the Sox were just really motivated to break that damn curse. The Yanks also won the division that year, so at least they did something.

The Mets, however, just let the bottom fall out, at the worst possible time, and they had no WC to fall back on. This entire year for the Mets, more than anybody, has gone for naught, which is why this is the worse choke.

Jump! Jump!

pic2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UgficQpYE4

JUMP! JUMP!

Well go thorugh something like this when you already have nothing and you will undestand how I feel.

You're right, we don't understand... we're too busy dealing with real life problems to give a :cursing: about your baseball team this much

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well go thorugh something like this when you already have nothing and you will undestand how I feel.

You're right, we don't understand... we're too busy dealing with real life problems to give a :cursing: about your baseball team this much

Yeah thats right you have a real life I have nothing

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived