Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not National League related, but with the Red Sox winning the AL East tonight, the Yankees streak falls short of the Braves record......

Speaking of which, there could be six different division winners this season from last.

<sarcasm>Yea, those 4 World Series titles in that span sure sucks alot more than having 14 division banners.

Boy, i wish the Yankees were the Braves...</sarcasm>

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's not National League related, but with the Red Sox winning the AL East tonight, the Yankees streak falls short of the Braves record......

Speaking of which, there could be six different division winners this season from last.

<sarcasm>Yea, those 4 World Series titles in that span sure sucks alot more than having 14 division banners.

Boy, i wish the Yankees were the Braves...</sarcasm>

Heading into the playoffs nobody is in better shape then the Yankees, they can beat the Indians they can beat the Sox, and Joba Chamberlain gives them a 1-2 punch in the pen that cant be matched and a Line up that just keeps coming at you.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NJTank said:
IronChefShark said:
Tank, you know what I do, I SHUT IT OUT

I can honestly say that I have not seen or listened to a single baseball game of any kind for the past three months.

My team sucks, therefore I choose not to pay attention to them.

I don't go to the games, I don't watch them on TV, I don't listen to thier flagship radio station, I don't buy thier gear, hell I haven't worn any of my Giants gear in three months.

I honestly really couldn't even tell you who they are playing this weekend or whether or not its home or away. I've shut them out THAT MUCH.

And you know what, I'm happier for it. I got the 49ers and the Sharks. I don't need my crappy baseball team that doesn't live up to my expectations and plays in a venue that they do not deserve.

Of all my teams I am least tolerant of the Giants losing because they have been here way too long and the way I see it, as a fan, THEY OWE ME A WINNER. The 49ers have won in the past, and the Sharks at least make it seem like they care about winning. The Giants however, I don't see that. If they refuse to put out a competitive team then they are not getting my money or my attention. Simple as that.

Granted, your team is competitive. But even then, the best way to deal with a meltdown or a playoff disappointment is SHUT IT OUT. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO IT. Turn off ESPN, turn off the sports talk radio station, all that. You can't get upset about something that you don't see or hear now can you? I get pretty steamed after the Sharks exit the playoffs, and when that happens I cut myself off of anything and everything hockey for at least two months. Its a healthier way to deal with it.

Besides if you keep venting your emotions here, all you do is feed the vultures here that get thier jollies off on bullying you and ridiculing you. If you do not give them any ammo you will find out how timid and powerless they really are.

I think Im just numb now Im resigned to it being over, I just hope next week Willie Randolph is Fired and the Mets make mass changes in the off-season. Sepcifically this guy.

Johan Santana may become a Met. So don't whine about the Mets losing 161 games every year until 2040. Economics enables you to get Johan Santana. And enables my team to never win a championship. Boo Hoo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I just hope next week Willie Randolph is Fired and the Mets make mass changes in the off-season. Sepcifically this guy.

Santana.jpg

Why would a team that would miss the playoffs by only one game, only a season after they went to the NLCS, need to make mass changes? I understand wanting to add Johan Santana (I think every team would like to have him), but why would you need to fire or trade so many people?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Because the entire Bullpen sucks and the coaching staff is clueless

You weren't saying that on August 31st.

Point is, Randolph is a good manager, and the players need to take responsibility for doing nothing. The Bullpen has been garbage, and the Mets bats went cold. Yea, the Mets blew 5 run leads and such, but nothing excluded them from getting more hits and runs. Willie can go out there and pitch for ya, or hit for ya.

So how about you just please, calm to fu*k down you sad, sad man, and put everything in your life into persepective, and stop being this giant dousch you've been...

sB9ijEj.png

Willie's demeanor aggrivated me.

Four specific quotes

About the Struggles "The Champagne is going to taste sweeter"

"Tip your cap and turn the page" said on several occasions.

About John Maine allowing 5 runs in a 5th Inning meltdown that blew a 7-3 lead.

"It all happened so fast, I did not see it coming" I was watching home and I saw it coming.

When asked What if the Mets miss the playoffs this week.

"So Be It"

I want more anger and emotion out of my Manager, I want some one in their face. I want a tough Manager.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Willie's demeanor aggrivated me.

Four specific quotes

About the Struggles "The Champagne is going to taste sweeter"

"Tip your cap and turn the page" said on several occasions.

About John Maine allowing 5 runs in a 5th Inning meltdown that blew a 7-3 lead.

"It all happened so fast, I did not see it coming" I was watching home and I saw it coming.

When asked What if the Mets miss the playoffs this week.

"So Be It"

I want more anger and emotion out of my Manager, I want some one in their face. I want a tough Manager.

Because that wins championships, right?

When was the last time you saw Joe Torre flip his lid and show fire and anger to get his team motivated? Willie learned from the best. Staying stable and sure allows the players to keep their cool and to eventually play better.

Hell, if you want evidence, just look at the Yankees this whole season.

sB9ijEj.png

Well the pressure to win comes from Ownership in the Bronx, and the Yankees 3B Coach can get in the face of any one.

Heck look at the Cubs this year without Piniella they would have been dead by July.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Looks like it will come down to tomorrow for the Mets and Phillies. Something to keep me glued to the extra innings package.

The Mets' problem is that which plagued the Giants the past few years. They're too damn old. The majority of the roster is almost eligible to collect Social Security (and when Franco was there I wouldn't have been surprised if he was collecting it). They need to get younger and they need better starting pitching because the bullpen is plain overworked and it's showng.

Rockies look like they're going to fall short. Admirable effort -- they showed a lot of heart and the future looks bright in Denver as long as the Monforts pony up and keep the teams key guys together.

They're not done yet, with the Padres loss and the Rox gaining control of the game early tonight, it'll come down to tomorrow's games.

We'll know before the Rox play if they'll have a shot or not, let's hope the Brewers can play spoiler and beat them again. They don't have the best home record in baseball for nothing.

I still have faith in the Rox, this has been an amazing season especially considering many wrote them off after their 1-9 road trip after they swept the Yankees & Mets.

Assuming the Rockies hold their lead tonight...

Tomorrow:

Padres lose

Rockies win

Phillies win

Mets win

We got a 4-team tie.

Mets at Phillies play a one-game, winner wins the NL East.

We then have a 3-team mini-tournament for the NL Wild Card.

Regardless of who wins the Phillies/Mets game the Rockies finish first in the head-to-head records and therefore have the choice of playing both rounds of the mini-tournament at home, or getting a bye but playing the final on the road.

Assuming the Rockies take the bye, we'd have:

If Philly loses the NL East game... Phillies at Padres

or

If the Mets lose the NL East game... Padres at Mets

The winner of that game would then host the Rockies in the wild-card tiebreaker game.

If the Rockies choose not to take the bye they'd host the Mets in the first round if they lost, or the Padres in the first round if the Phillies lost.

I'm just saying I hope it happens.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The CC97 scenario would be really fun, but I think Headley is right.

Actually Mr. Creamer is right, it is in the MLB.com article I linked to a couple of days ago. The loser of the NL East still has a shot at the wild card if they were to lose a one-game playoff.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think it works that way. These one-game playoffs count toward the standings.

Phillies-Mets play for the division; the winner moves on, the loser's season is over.

Then Padres-Rockies for the Wild Card berth.

They changed that a few years ago, and while the statistics count towards the regular season, the wins and losses don't count in the standings, so the loser of an NL East playoff would still be alive if they are still tied for the wild card.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived