49ers red jerseys

hecticbro

Watching the Niners-Seahawks game yesterday, my friend thought that San Francisco's jerseys were more of a true red (and less maroon) than normal. Did anybody else get this impression, or was it just a trick of lighting (or perhaps my TV)?

I thought they looked closer to the color the Niners wore in the 80s, but it was hard to be sure.

Watching the Niners-Seahawks game yesterday, my friend thought that San Francisco's jerseys were more of a true red (and less maroon) than normal. Did anybody else get this impression, or was it just a trick of lighting (or perhaps my TV)?

I thought they looked closer to the color the Niners wore in the 80s, but it was hard to be sure.

Yeah, they dropped the maroon and went back to the traditional red. It's really noticeable when you see the jerseys side by side.

Yeah, they dropped the maroon and went back to the traditional red. It's really noticeable when you see the jerseys side by side.

It was slightly lightened in 2005, but it is still Cardinal.

Just want to also clarify a couple more things about my Team Colors section on the SSUR:

• I only show the most recent representation of the colors per color set. For example, the 49ers are now on the third different Pantone color for their Cardinal (Red) since 1996.
  • The color swatches only represent the Solid/Spot colors - not fabrics or threads (although, I DO store them as well).

Fabric-wise, the 49ers' Cardinal is called "Chili Pepper" (2005 through present). Previous fabrics (Pantone Textile colors) were called "Garnet" (from 2002-2004), and "Deep Claret" (from 1997 through 2001).

Just want to also clarify a couple more things about my Team Colors section on the SSUR:
  • I only show the most recent representation of the colors per color set. For example, the 49ers are now on the third different Pantone color for their Cardinal (Red) since 1996.
  • The color swatches only represent the Solid/Spot colors - not fabrics or threads (although, I DO store them as well).

Fabric-wise, the 49ers' Cardinal is called "Chili Pepper" (2005 through present). Previous fabrics (Pantone Textile colors) were called "Garnet" (from 2002-2004), and "Deep Claret" (from 1997 through 2001).

Well....now that you cleared it up I'll unblock your site from my server and stop sending you spam emails about the Nigerian Prince who needs you to help him get his fortune back.

Archived