Cubs/D-Backs Series Discussion

CS85

Cubs lose game 1 to the Diamondbacks. Both pitchers were damn good, but Webb was better. Webb went 7, struck out 9, gave up 4 hits and 1 run. Marmol gave up a solo homer and a sac fly in the 8th to seal the deal, Cubs went quietly in the 8th and 9th.

Game 2 tomorrow in Chase, Ted Lilly vs. Doug Davis. Should be a good one.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am a long time White Sox fan but I am rooting for the Cubs a little because I will be in Chicago the last week of October on business. The town would be nutzo Cubbie cra-zeee! One of the guys going up there too (an IT geek and UT Vols fan) asked if we'd have any trouble getting tickets...I could not help laughing out loud.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I am a long time White Sox fan but I am rooting for the Cubs a little because I will be in Chicago the last week of October on business. The town would be nutzo Cubbie cra-zeee! One of the guys going up there too (an IT geek and UT Vols fan) asked if we'd have any trouble getting tickets...I could not help laughing out loud.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get tickets to a game that won't happen.

I'm hoping the Cubs get knocked out of the playoffs as soon as possible, because 1) no self-respecting Brewers fan would root for the Cubs, and 2) I'm going down to the Riviera for a concert next Friday, and I don't want to have to deal with the lack of parking spaces available in Wrigleyville because the Cubs are still in the playoffs.

Then again, I could just hope they win the pennant but get beat in the World Series (taking the chance of a parking nightmare next week)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I'm hoping the Cubs get knocked out of the playoffs as soon as possible, because 1) no self-respecting Brewers fan would root for the Cubs, and 2) I'm going down to the Riviera for a concert next Friday, and I don't want to have to deal with the lack of parking spaces available in Wrigleyville because the Cubs are still in the playoffs.

Then again, I could just hope they win the pennant but get beat in the World Series (taking the chance of a parking nightmare next week)...

My personal wet dream is for the Cubs to rebound and win this series, win the pennant, go to the World Series, win the first 3 games, and then promptly choke away 4 straight. I think that would be the worst thing that could ever happen to Cubs fans. How wonderful.

I'm hoping the Cubs get knocked out of the playoffs as soon as possible, because ... I'm going down to the Riviera for a concert next Friday, and I don't want to have to deal with the lack of parking spaces available in Wrigleyville because the Cubs are still in the playoffs.

Heh. I'm in a similar situation. My wife's showing at the Around the Coyote Fall Arts Festival next weekend - not quite in Wrigleyville, but we'd have to go past Wrigleyville to get there. On the bright side, we'd be getting there earlier in the day, so parking should still be alright.

Then again, it's not looking like there's going to be baseball in Chicago next weekend anyways, unless the Cubs manage to pull this out.

Archived